Thursday, June 4, 2020

So I Was Kind of Wondering...

We're 9 days into a protest/riot/looting/burning, and I'm kind of wondering just when it will all end.

Perhaps you could help.  I'm wondering if there's a proscripted, agreed-upon, universally recognized and accepted protest period for various and sundry perceived slights to our African-American residents?  Like for instance, if a White cop accidentally shoots a Black man's poodle, what's the appropriate period of protest?  Is it one day?  Or perhaps two?  Or even more?

If a White cop were to accidentally run over a Black woman in an intersection, and kill her, how long should we protest?  A couple of days?  More?  And should we throw in some rioting/burning/looting?  And if so, how many stores should we loot and burn to make up for that poor Black woman that the evil White cop ran over?  

And if a White cop kneels on the neck of a Black man, and kills him, what's the appropriate period of protesting to make up for that terrible crime?  I mean, I'm a White guy, and I've never killed a Black guy, or ran over a Black woman, or done in a Black man's poodle, so I have no idea what to expect in terms of protesting/rioting/looting/burning.  So I could use a little help.  Some advice.  Do you know?  Where do we go to find out?

I ask because a White cop killed a Black guy the other day (you probably heard) and immediately there were protests plus riots/burning/looting in 38 of our biggest cities.  And as if by magic we had tens of thousands of protesters parading with their already-made signs up and down the streets of 38 of our biggest, all Democrat-run cities.  And automatically there appeared shrink-wrapped pallets of nice, new red bricks, and frozen bottles of water, and baseball bats, just a half-block or so off Main Street in each locale.  Ready they were/are for the anarchists and arsonists to load a backpack-full and prepare to throw them at the nearest cop.

So you'll forgive me if I'd like to learn what to expect.  How long should this current protest/riot/looting/burning last?  I mean, we haven't had a White cop kneel on the neck of a Black guy until he was dead lately, so I have no idea how long we should embrace our bunker mentality.  And, considering there are more than 800,000 cops in America, God help us if another one goes sideways.  

I would have thought that torching 172 buildings in Minnnneeappullus would have been enough.  Or storming the White House.  Or sacking Macy's Flagship Store in Midtown Mannhatttinnn.  Or stealing $2.4 million dollars worth of Rolex watches in SoHo.  Or torching St. John's Episcopal Church, just across the street from the White House.  Or tossing a molotov cocktail into a 3-horse trailer and then dancing and laughing while the horses all burned to death.

You didn't see that on CNN/MSNBC/NBC/ABC/CBS/ABC/PBS/NPR now did you?

But I would have been wrong.  What we've experienced thus far has not been enough.  Apparently.  So if you have an idea how much longer we might be forced to live with this unbelievable horsh*t, I'd appreciate a write-back with the details.  I'll be sure to share it with others who are just as pissed and confused and upset and anxious and outraged about the current events as am I...

Oh yeah, and as I'm on the way out the digital door, I'll leave you with this kind thought:  Is there anyone left out there who doesn't understand why some people need an AR-15 and a 30 round magazine?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!