Saturday, February 28, 2015
Did ya' hear? Our Chicago Community Organizer-in-Chief kept one the few promises he's made since ascending to our POTUS Throne and actually vetoed the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Yes, kiddies, even though more than 60% of Americans favor the construction of this job-rich public works project; and even though it would be built using more than $8 Billion of private, none of yours-or-mine tax money; and even though it would create more than 45,000 union jobs, each paying more than $50.00 per hour; and even though it would result in more than 800,000 brand-new barrels of oil we could use to buy our freedom from those Middle Eastern butchers who hate us and want us dead; and lastly, even though the project has garnered five separate approvals from our feckless State Department over the past six years and five months, our Golfer-in-Chief went ahead and vetoed it.
Why, one has to ask?
Well, my friends, and you are my friends, here's three of the many reasons:
- First, the eco-weenies among us, to include the Sierra Club, the Oceans Foundation, Little Robbie Redford and one Mr. Tom Steyer, a California hedge fund billionaire who makes most of his money from so-called "green" projects, give huge amounts of money to Barry O'Bama and the Democrats. Steyer, as an example, gave $100,000,000 (that's One Hundred Million Dollars!) to the Democrats during the 2012 election if they would support candidates who opposed the XL Pipeline. They did, he did, and they rewarded him by allowing him to give a speech in the Halls of Congress to his sycophantic weenie backers.
Imagine that. Harry Reid invited Tommy Steyer to address the members of the Senate. Something tells me there were no Republicans in attendance.
Would anyone like to make a snarky comment here about the Koch Brothers?
- Second, oil needs to be transported from where it's pulled from the ground to where it needs to get refined. We all know that pipelines are the safest method of transport. Buuuuut, it will get transported, one way or the other. I represents a Trillion Dollars to Canada, and, just like South Dakota, and Idaho, and Pennsylvania, and Oklahoma, it's coming out and it's going to get transported.
What's that got to do with the Barry O. veto story? A whole bunch, Pilgrim. It turns out that one Mr. Warren Buffett owns and operated BNSF. What's BNSF, you might ask? It's Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railroad. And BNSF has a contract to transport Canadian crude into the United States at the very, very profitable rate of $30 per barrel. What will it cost to send it south via pipeline? Ready? $10 per barrel. Oh, and it turns out Buffett, the third or fourth richest cat in America, is a really good friend of Barry's. And he gives him lots and lots of really big donations. Getting the picture? I thought you would.
- Third, "Good Ol' Barry wants us to believe that this project will produce only...ready for it?...35 permanent jobs. Really? Six thousand miles of pipeline will produce only 35 permanent jobs? His own State Department calls him a liar. But, then again, so has nearly everyone else. Because he is.
Remember all those "shovel ready jobs" the Trillion Dollar Stimulus Plan was supposed to produce? The same jobs that Barry later stated weren't "shovel ready, after all." Yeah, right...
- Third, and I know this will hard for many of you to process, but I think it may just come down to pure and simple politics. Remember I commented early that Barry the First was from Chicago, and Chicago politicians only know one way to politic? Well, take a look at the route of this proposed pipeline. It will go across the border from Canada and head through Wyoming and South Dakota. There, it will match up with the portion of the pipeline already built, and head south through to the Kansas/Arkansas border. And thereafter, on south through Texas to the refineries of Louisiana.
Did you notice something about that route? It goes directly through the heart of Red Country! Every state that the pipeline crosses is a solid red, deeply Republican, vote-against-Barry-every-time-they-can, piece of real estate. Something else, each of the states mentioned received less than half the Federal funding over the past six years than the good, solid deep-blue states received. One thing you gotta' give him, he may be America's CEO, but he does his job just like he was the Mayor of Chicago. Reward his friends, punish his enemies.
In fact, in an interview with "Vox" recently, he stated emphatically that he views his job as POTUS as just like being mayor of a very large American city. Same problems, just more and bigger. More friends to reward, more enemies to punish...
So, lets sum up: We already have more than two and one-half million miles of pipeline in America up and running. When was the last time you heard of a pipeline leaking? Like, never? And when was the last time you heard about a train or a truck dumping a full load of crude on the ground? Ummm, like yesterday? Yeah. And the Canadian tar sands oil is coming out of the ground. Count on it. Where it goes from there is the question. It will either head south and benefit America, or it will head west toward the docks in British Columbia and wind up on a ship bound for China. And, my friends, ships have a tendency to capsize. Remember the Exxon Valdez?
And lastly, just for your reading pleasure, let me slap you across the face with one last factoid. While the XL Pipeline was being discussed, interminably, and unsuccessfully, the State Department of the United States of America quietly approved 81 other pipeline projects! Apparently, those 81 other pipelines didn't represent a threat to America, or the atmosphere, or Global Warming, or anything else. Just this one!
I don't know about you, but I'm getting sick to my stomach...
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Okay, kiddies, it's my turn to gloat.
Dedicated readers of my little blog will recall that I made a rather brash prediction in these august pages a bit over a year ago (check it for yourself...January 29, 2014).
I predicted that a then little-known guy would run for, and win the Grand Old Party's nomination for President of the United States, and then go on to win the Election.
Yes, my friends, and you are my friends, I took a deep breath and put figurative digital pen to digital paper and predicted that one Scott Walker, Governor of the bright blue state of Wisconsin, home of unionization, ground zero for Liberalism, would be our candidate, and go on to win the Presidency.
Back then he wasn't even on the radar. Only news junkies like me were watching and learning that he was dueling with Wisconsin's unions big-time. He decided that his state's habit of collecting dues from its citizens' paychecks and then passing them along to union fat cats didn't make sense. Especially since we all know that the unions take those millions and millions of dollars and use them as a Death Ray against conservative candidates for office.
He decided that his state's multi-billion deficit was a time bomb for Wisconsinites. He vowed to fix it, and then return some of the tax money to those who paid it.
And he decided that WI teachers shouldn't have an arm lock on education. Rather, it should be the parents and taxpayers who should hold the reigns, he opined.
Thousands of angry union thugs trashed the venerable old WI Statehouse. They did over six million dollars of damage to it while trying to get Walker turned out of office. They tried to recall hin, the first such effort in Wisconsin's history. He won that recall election. And then he ran for reelection and garnered an even larger percentage of the vote than he did in either his original run or in his recall. He ended state collection of union dues and erased his state's deficit. And he's not only erased the state's debt but built up a several billion dollar rainy day fund. He's kept his promises (what a concept!). And in doing so he's started to gain national attention.
Now, after having jumped over better known candidates, announced and unannounced, Walker is starting to be considered the front-runner. We know that because the Libbies have started taking potshots at him. Their main meme is that he shouldn't be president because he never graduated from college. Of course, neither did George Washington, Abraham Lincoln or Harry S. Truman. And I'd venture to say that even Libbies would say they did a pretty good job. Oh, and Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Henry Ford, college dropouts all, did pretty well also.
And, we know that education doesn't necessarily indicate success in a job. Just look at the overeducated dufus currently infesting the White House if you need proof.
Walker's not won the nomination, yet, nor has he won the Election. But so far, my friends, he's on track to do both, thus giving my long-ago prediction some heft. He scares the Hell out of the Left, because they know he could win. A plain-talking, roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-to-work, Midwestern promise-keeper that exemplifies all of the very best qualities of leadership.
And you read it here first. As Mrs. Chuckmeister has stated, if my prediction turns out to be correct, I deserve my own political talk show.
I couldn't agree more...
Sunday, February 1, 2015
Well, my friends, it's that time again. Time for clearing my figurative throat and uttering some more of those resolutions. You know, the ones that we (that would be you) always make, and we (that would be you) never keep.
Except for me. The Chuckmeister. I always keep my resolutions. It's just that I never make resolutions I can't keep. Which means my resolutions are, well, strange. And here are a few more strange ones to whet your appetite.
1. Instead of drinking three bottles of wine and staggering off to bed at a decent hour, I resolve to drink those same three bottles, or maybe even four, and going to bed later. Not too much time left for the Chuckmeister on this side of the grass. Might as well enjoy as much of it as possible.
2. Having already recognized that hyper-liberalism is a true mental illness, I resolve to take it a little easier on these unfortunates than normal. After all, just like the gay are born gay, I'm guessing the Libbies are born commie pinko weenies. It's not their fault, right? It's just not fair to hold them responsible for their own shortcomings.
3. I resolve to be nicer, kinder and more gentle with those who just frankly aren't as smart as I am. And their number is legion. I mean, lots and lots of folks are in that ignominious category. Not you, of course. You read my enlightened little blog. But almost everybody else is in that grouping.
4. I resolve to spend my remaining "wealth" on only the important things. Junk food, great wine, high-quality entertainment and my grandkids. My kids are not included, because Mrs. Chuckmeister and I have already given them boat-loads of help already.
5. I resolve to post an essay on this, my (in)famous little blog more often than my usual once every couple of weeks or or so. With exception of the time during which we moved to our new digs in Wine Country (Fortress Chuckmeister), I've averaged about that. But that, according to my tens of fans, is just not enough. So, prepare for even more Ramblings of This Troubled Mind.
6. I resolve to go to the shooting range more often than in past years. As my eyes begin to lose their hawk-like, world-renowned acuity, it takes a bit more practice in order to be able to drop an inbred miscreant from twenty paces. But I should still be considered armed and dangerous. I issue this little challenge to anyone likely to bust unannounced into the Fortress Chuckmeister looking for some spare change: Don't.
7. I resolve to get a bit more exercise than normal. Taking out the garbage, shaving, and refilling my wine cooler is no longer proving to be enough to keep my "guns" loaded. Now, I intend to get up from my comfy lair on my overstuffed Encantada leather couch and go to the bathroom twice an hour instead of the usual once.
8. Lastly, I resolve to gain ten pounds. It's so much easier, by the way, to gain it than it is to lose it. And it's so much easier to keep resolutions like that one than the ones that involve Marie Osmond and her Nutri-System fix...
Saturday, January 17, 2015
Each year about this time I put figurative pen to paper and puke forth my annual predictions. But you know that. You've been following my little blog for years now, and feverishly awaiting the publication of the current list. And this year's is a doosey. Or is it "dusey?" Or perhaps "duzie?"
Anyhoo, sit back, pour yourself a nice glass of juicy Merlot, chilled to a perfect 59 and one-half degrees, and delight in the inherent goodness that will now unfold in rapturous beauty before your very eyes...
1. House Speaker John Boehner's suntan bed will break, his orangish tan will disappear and he won't be able to get into the Capitol Building without I.D. He'll be able to vote, of course, but not get into the Capitol building. How awful.
2. You know that most recent Supreme Court rulings end in a five-four vote, with the conservative majority barely holding sway. Barry getting his fanny metaphorically kicked over non-recess, recess appointments to the National Labor Relations Board, that paragon of thugish and slavish union ass-licking, are but one 5-4 example. The Golfer-in-Chief has been urging Ruth Bader Ginsburg to resign her seat and go home so he could appoint another lefty weenie to the court before his interminable term of office mercifully ends. She just won't do it. I think she likes the attention. So, I predict her body will be found floating face down in the Tidal Basin this spring. The story will be she went for a swim and had a cramp in her 123 year-old leg, dooming her to the existential dirt nap.
3. Seven more Malaysian Airlines jets will go missing. And, shortly thereafter, a new airline in Malaysia will appear. It's so much easier to start an airline when you don't have to buy the planes. Oh, and the passengers, having all been hiipmooootized, will emerge as cabin attendants and ground crew. Talk about a successful startup business plan! Shark Tank take notice!
4. Everybody in California will move to Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Texas and New Mexico, except sign twirlers and Starbucks baristas. And, the 11 Million illegal aliens who are thick in and around Lost Angeles, of course. Oh, and those commies in Sacramento who wouldn't want to leave their cushy jobs trying their very best to live our lives for us.
5. Al Gore will host another of his interminable anti-Global Warming (Climate change? Climate disruption? Climate chaos?) gatherings, featuring numerous Hollyweird celebricrats, and discover that the reason he's so warm is because he's been wearing an Irish cable knit sweater all these years. He will then ceremoniously doff the sweater and become the newest cheerleader for coal mining and oil fracking.
6. Scott Walker, famed Governor of Wisconsin, the home of unionization, who has almost single-handedly crushed the unions in the state where they first began, will announce for President of the United States. The thugs who run the AFL-CIO, SEIU, IBEW and the NEA will respond by performing hara-kiri on the steps of the Milwaukee Statehouse. Oh, and one must recall that The Chuckmeister (me!) predicted as far back as 2013, in the pages of this diminutive but worthwhile blog, that Walker would do exactly that. And, dear reader, that he would also win the nomination, and eventually the White House. At which time, I must offer up, we will once again have a True American Patriot as President. Which I confirm by so saying that we haven't had one of those guys for six years now.
7. Since we know that less than 3% of the public is gluten-intolerant, but that about half the public specifies gluten-free when ordering, I predict that some smart entrepreneur will come out with "extra gluten" products later this year. After all, what happens to all that gluten when it's left out of stuff the dummies buy?
8. I predict that shouty chef Gordon Ramsey will soon have his own TV network. He will appear every minute of every hour, every day, pontificating on each and every aspect of food preparation at the top of his expansive lungs. Vacationer-in-Chief B. Hussein Obama will become jealous that someone besides him has such massive media exposure and declare war on "extremist food preparers."
9. B. Hussein Obama will accidentally say "Islamic" and "terrorism" in the same sentence while doing another of his endless, droning, boring, off-putting, gut-wrenching, puke-encouraging, gag-me-with-a-spoon, daily...and sometimes hourly...speeches. Upon the realization that he's uttered such an inflammatory statement, he'll get down on his knees and bow repeatedly to Mecca. He'll not be forgiven, and a "fatwa" will be uttered on his life by some Imam somewhere. Thereafter, our TelePrompTer-in-Chief will order the spokesweenies who report to him to refer to "The War on Islamic Jihadist Terror" as "An effort to find and criminally prosecute those individuals who inflame the conscience of loyal Muslims everywhere by committing crimes and blaming it on the Religion of Peace they have unfortunately hi-jacked." White House journos will throw up in their mouths when they hear this tortured B.S.
10. Having grown weary of Islamic terrorism without any offsetting effort from the rest of the world to counteract it, a bunch of Baptists in the south will get together and form an army. They, along with a few Methodists, some Presbyterians and a couple of members of the Church of Christ will then rampage the entire Middle East, slashing and burning like nothing seen since the Crusades. The Islamonazis will give up and return home, promising to forever spend their remaining days as rug merchants and camel herders.
11. Having grown tired of seeing incessant, 24 hours-per-day, "Smokey the Bear" commercials on cable TV, some miscreant will track down Smokey and put a bullet in his tired old butt. The killer will then go out and start a forest fire just to make himself feel better. It will later be found that the murdering scoundrel was a member of PETA until they stiffed him for some work he performed throwing paint on starlets at movie premiers.
12. By late 2015 MSNBC will have lost so many viewers that they will be forced to change the name. To Faux Nooooze. As it will turn out, the folks who watch their "network," and I use that term loosely, won't notice.
13. I predict that Texas will become weary of propping up the American economy with jobs and taxes they will secede from the union. That will, according to our Vacationer-in-Chief, leave only 56 states.
14. I predict that some school principle somewhere will advocate for the students to bring cans of corn and peas to their school. What for? To hurl at would-be active shooters in the event one of them decides to whip out a weapon and violate that "gun free zone" thingie. Oh wait! A principle in Alabama just did exactly that. Yes, my friends, truth is waaaaaay stranger than fiction. I'd better hurry up and publish this blog posting before all of it comes to pass already.
15. And finally, the dimbulbs responsible for putting those "Gun Free Zone" signs at the entrance of every school in America will strike again. They will post the very same sign on I-40 and I-10 at the California border. The Lefties believe sincerely that if there were just more laws...or more signs...then criminals wouldn't disobey them. With 20,000 anti-gun laws on the books already, surely just a few more is all that's needed. Anyone thinking of bringing a gun into our once-Golden State after these signs go up will think better of the idea and leave it at home.
And so, my friends, and you are my friends, I close out this annual exercise in futility. I trust you'll enjoy a happy, healthy and fruitful 2015. And if not, then at least two out of the three...
Sunday, January 11, 2015
By now, even if you live in a dumpster behind the local 7/11, you know that a dimwit named Bill DeBlasio is the Mayor of New York City.
Yes, my friends, DeBlasio managed to somehow get elected Mayor in 2013 with 73% of the vote, despite the fact that he's a commie pinko dumbass liberal redistributionist weenie. Perhaps the fact that very few voted, and those that did probably voted six or seven times, and they were most likely welfare recipients, had something major to do with it.
And, since ascending to the office, he's managed to also offend and make enemies of the New York City Police Department. In fact, they accuse him of creating the environment into which the execution-style murders of two recently slain officers was drawn. This guy's a real dufus. Don't believe me? Here's some stuff you may not know about Bill DeBlasio. Prepare yourselves, kiddies. This is really awful stuff:
- Bill DeBlasio was born (we assume he was born, although it's quite possible he was hatched) Warren Wilhelm, Jr. For reasons known only to him, he first changed his name to the hyphenated Warren de Blasio-Wilhelm, adding his mother's maiden name. In 2002 he dropped the "Warren" and the "Wilhelm," and changed his name for a second time to what it is currently, "Bill DeBlasio." I would have thought "Fidel Castro" would have been a better choice, but that's just me.
- Billy was a big-time supporter of the Marxist Sandinista government in Nicaragua in the 1980's, a government that was backed by the communist Soviet Union and the good ol' Cubans. In fact, he visited there often, offering up his sweat and support to help them win their battle over democracy.
- While the Cold War was still white hot, and while Billy was still a student at New York University, the Soviets helped our boy Bill take a tour of their garden paradise back in 1983.
- Billy received his master's degree in International and Public Affairs at Columbia University. This is proof that you don't have to be smart to become educated. This, by the way, is the same institution of higher learning as attended by our erstwhile President, one Mr. B. Hussein Obama. Or he didn't, depending upon whether you believe his press clippings. But we'll never know for sure, because our Fourth Estate, the Mainstream Media, has planted its collective heels and loudly declined to investigate our Barry.
- Bill ran the campaign for reelection of one Representative Charlie Rangel in 1994. You remember Charlie. He's the guy that's managed to be a member of Congress since, oh, I don't know, the Crimean War. Despite being a tax cheat, and profiting by renting out his NYC rent-controlled apartment to his campaign, and writing off his Jamaican condo in contradiction with IRS laws, he also managed not to pay for parking his car in the House garage for more than 20 years.
- Bill decided to get married in 1994. He chose a black lesbian activist, of course, one Ms. Chirlane McCray. The newlyweds illegally honeymooned in Castro's Communist Cuba. Hmmm.
- Both of Billy's parents were certified, proud communists. That resulted in Ron Radosh, a leading historian at the time, to describe DeBlasio as a true, "red diaper baby."
So now we have the largest and arguably best city on Earth, and previously one of the safest (thank you, Rudy Giuliani), in the clutches of a commie campaign manager who ran on the major issue of taking his police department down a notch by ending the practice of "stop and frisk," which resulted in turning Times Square from a prostitute's parlor into the Disney theater district. That'll ought to work well, don't you think?
Saturday, January 3, 2015
It's now 2015 and time to post another of my little essays to the benefit of my tens of avid followers. Yes, my friends, it's time for me, the Chuckmeister, your faithful servant, to once again opine on one of the myriad topics upon which I'm considered an expert. And they are many. And the coming End Of The World is just such a topic. So, with apologies in advance to the one or two of you out there in the Digital Universe who may, for some reason or other, disagree with my conclusions, here goes:
Have you ever wondered exactly what will happen when this whole mess implodes? You know, when the Chinese and the Japanese and the English stop buying our once-great Country's debt and the food stamps stop flowing and the welfare checks stop magically appearing in inner-city mailboxes nationwide?
Or, perish the thought, when we stop buying our own debt (a little known fact: we print money 24/7 to buy back our own bonds, and then place them lovingly in a file cabinet in an office building in Silver Springs, Maryland, only to be removed and dusted off when we once again refinance that debt by printing ever more money, buying new bonds to replace the old ones, and once again filing them away).
Until just recently, that printing and buying and refinancing flurry has been to the tune of $85,000,000,000 a month!
I wonder the same thing. I wonder what will happen when our $18 Trillion national debt balloons to an ever larger, and finally unmanageable pile of IOUs. It's estimated that we, you and me, will owe in excess of Twenty One Trillion Dollars by the time our semi-retired, Vacationer-in-Chief packs up and departs the White House. If, in fact, He ever does (there are those who opine that He ((capital "H" satirically intended)) will declare martial law and cancel the elections, thus rendering Himself Emperor-for-Life, or maybe Kim Jung-Obama). By then we will owe an amount approximately equal to our Gross National Product. And that will put us in really bad company. We will be in the same sorry state as Greece, and that's not a good state in which to be.
No doubt you've read that the Chinese have just surpassed the U.S. in terms of the world's largest economy. We haven't been second on this list since Harding was President. Pretty soon Greece may leave us in the taillights as well.
By then our interest payments on the debt will be over $500 Billion a year. And that's a number quite large enough to cover the total cost of our military. Five Hundred Billion Dollars a Year! And likely as not, receipts to the Treasury will start to go down precipitously as our indebtedness goes up. And when the Fed stops trying to print its way out of trouble, and allows the interest rates to ramp up, our interest payments on the national debt will balloon! That, my friends, is what a degree in economics helps me foretell. If the Feds can no longer "prime the pump" with stimulus borrowings, or printings, or, as they call it, "quantitative easings," the productivity of America will go down. And our ability to repay our debt will suffer.
By the way, don't you love how the Feds can come up with such innocuous terms as "quantitative easing" for something so awful and nasty as printing $85,000,000,000 (that's Billion with a "B") a month? Me too.
And the result? Food stamps will no longer magically appear in the mailboxes of recipients all over the Nation. And welfare checks will stop. And Aid to Families With Dependent Children would cease. And Obamaphones will stop ringing. And all the Federal assistance that the "poor" count on would stop dead in its tracks. No more money to them, my friends. They might even have to sell one of their flat screen TVs to get by.
Need an example? Remember when Hurricane Katrina hit? Four out of five New Orleans residents had already beat feet and boogied from the Crescent City to Houston or Dallas or other points north by the time the torrential rains started. The same rains that had been predicted ad nauseum by the TV weathermen on every channel for a week. The only ones left were the welfare recipients who had to wait just a couple of more days for their checks to appear in the mail. We're talking 20% of the Big Easy's total population here. They couldn't afford to leave. And many of them died as a result.
So what, dear friends, do you think those similarly affected in the modern day will do?
The "Zombies" will be upon us. Zombies? For those of you who haven't had the good fortune to sit at the feet of the Chuckmeister and hear him (me!) pontificate on all things political, Zombies are the term I use for the mostly brain-dead loser-takers that sit around drinking Colt .45 and watching Jerry Springer reruns all day while awaiting the arrival of their beloved welfare check. Zombies is an all-inclusive term for the near-human flotsam that offers nothing to society, but takes so much from those of us who actually produce. We're the makers, they're the takers. And I think there's a good chance they're about to start taking, big-time.
I think they, the Zombies, will rampage. I think they'll hit the streets with pitchforks and torches looking for the "stuff" they've been getting for free from those who have it...you and me. Think of it: Third, fourth, even fifth-generation welfare recipients cut off, cold turkey, from the booze, the hot dogs, the crack, the cigarettes, the blow, the weed, the lobsters, and well, the turkeys they're counting on keep their inner-city bodies and souls together. And they'll come looking for it from the folks who have the most of it and are the least able to protect it.
Why? The lefty commie weenies in the Gummint have made it ever harder for you to realize and act on your 2nd Amendment rights. Or to even understand that you can - and should - do so. And thus, you're less prepared to protect yourself and your family when you, and they, need it most.
Example? Try to buy a gun in Chicago. The Democrats who have run the city for decades, decades (more than sixty years, to be exact), have made it nearly impossible for their citizenry to go out and buy a gun with which to protect themselves. Example: In order to be granted a license to buy a firearm there, one must undergo 18 hours of formal training at a professional gun range. The problem? There are no gun ranges in Chicago. That's why there are about 50 shootings every weekend there, and an average of 8 deaths. Upwards of 400 a year, in fact. And all those who don't possess guns can do is duck and cover.
D. C. is no different. And Philly. And Baltimore. And Los Angeles. Want a gun to protect yourself and those you love? It's a good idea to live in Texas, or Florida, or Oklahoma, or Arizona, or Idaho, or any one of 37 other states that feature elected leaders who can actually read and understand what the 27 little words in our 2nd Amendment to the Bill of Rights says. You know, especially the part where it says, "...the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Want to buy a gun in Texas? Here's what you do. You go to your local gun store and...buy a gun. Or two, or six, or twenty.
Want to buy a gun here in the People's Republic of Taxifornia? You go to you local gun store. You take a test designed to determine whether you're actually safe enough, in the opinion of those of our elected leaders who more than likely have never even touched a gun, to own a gun. You pay the guy behind the counter $25 for the privilege of answering those 25 questions. You then pick out your gun. But only one. You may not purchase more than one gun per month in our state. Why? Because "they" don't want you to.
Next, you pay a $25 fee for the NICS-system background check. (NOTE: All of you who have been told you should loudly clamor and lobby your Congressweenies for "Universal Background Checks," be aware we already have them. We've had them for decades. Didn't know that? The lefties have been blowing smoke up your you-know-what.)
Okay, to continue, you now pay for the gun. You then get to go home and wait 10 days before you can go back to the store and pick it up. This "waiting period" is the Nanny State's effort to protect a mythical someone from you in case you want to buy the gun to kill them. I guess they figure you'll be over your presumed insane mad spell in ten days (why not twelve, or fourteen?). But what, I ask, are you to do if the Zombies are coming for your "stuff" and they just won't agree to wait ten days? Yeah, what?
That's why, my friends, I'm advocating that you immediately begin hoarding two things in anticipation of the cataclysmic happenings just around the corner; canned goods and ammunition. Oh yeah, first go out right now and buy all the guns you can get your hands on, which you'll need to shoot the ammo at the grungy folks who will be marauding your neighborhood and trying their best to Bogart your stuff.
And remember, the cops won't be there to protect you when you need them the most. If you'll go back to Katrina-time videos on YouTube, you'll discover that it was the cops who were doing most of the robbing and stealing and ripping off merchants during Katrina. They actually cleaned out all the inventory from a New Orleans Cadillac dealer's lot. Every single car. More than 50 of them. And that old saying once again holds sway: "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." In the case of Katrina, certain cops managed to be several hundred miles away in their brand-new Cadillacs.
Is it guaranteed to be this way? No, it isn't. It just might be that America comes to embrace uber-Progressive politics, learns to love Obamacare, begins to embrace hyper-intrusive nanny state laws, and winds up enjoying not having a job and being a parasite on their fellow citizens. Oh, and the Gummint figures out how to keep on printing their way to economic Valhalla.
Or not! In any event, my friends, you've been warned...
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Dr. Vivek Murthy was just anointed as our Country's newest Surgeon General.
Never heard of Vivek Murthy?
Well, my friends, and you are my friends, let me acquaint you with one of the most, if not the very most, political appointments in U.S. history. Allow me please to outline for you what makes good ol' Vivek, an American Indian (he's American because he was born in America, and Indian, as in the "red dot" kind), unique:
First, Dr. Murthy was not confirmed by the U.S. Senate. He was, rather, anointed. That's because Dr. Murthy's nomination was not required to surpass the Senate's long-standing 60 vote threshold for so-called "cloture." Since the founding of our Country, achieving that vote total has been necessary to shut off debate (and filibusters) and permit nominations to be immediately voted upon.
But in Murthy's case, due to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's decision a few years back to blow up the rules of that venerable old House of Congress, using what was then called the "nuclear option," which had theretofore only been threatened, only a simple majority of 51 votes needed to be cast in order to pass a motion. Or, in this case, a nomination.
By the way, that simple majority is what enabled "Obamacare" to pass on Christmas Eve of 2009. Yes, my friends, with newly-elected Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown on a plane winging his way to D.C. to take over Teddy "The Driver" Kennedy's seat, given that ol' Ted had just had his ticket punched, Brown would then have been the deciding vote against Obamacare. Reid, being the dour anti-Constitutionalist that he is, chose to invoke the nuclear option using a little-known rule called "Reconciliation" and wipe his ass on 229 years of Senate history.
Reconciliation, by the way, can by law only be used for budgetary and financial measures that originate in the House of Representatives. So, yes, it was unconstitutional.
And, by the way, Dr. Murthy garnered only 51 votes, with three Democrats voting against him. 51 votes. The bare minimum, even with the "nuclear option" having been enacted. We're talking a dearth of support here, folks. Maybe that's why the Obama Administration chose not to put Murthy up for a vote when the new Republican-led Congress convenes in January.
Second, Dr. Murthy, 36 years of age, only, is indeed a physician. Yet, to begin with, he's one of the few American physicians who's never practiced medicine. Ever. No, he's an academician. A Harvard professor. He teaches.
Remember the old saying, "Those who can, do, and those who can't, teach?"
In Dr. Murthy's case, one has to wonder just how much he really knows about the practice of medicine because he's never chosen to practice it. But what he has chosen to do is to openly display his political beliefs; just two years out of his residency he founded "Doctors for Obama."
He was such a huge fan of our now semi-retired, Vacationer-in-Chief that he managed to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars from fellow left-wing physicians to help re-elect Barry Obama in 2012. Barry was happy he did, and obviously decided not to forget the favor. And so, now he now he returns it.
Third, Dr. Murthy is not a big fan of guns. In fact, he believes that guns are, as he says, a "public health issue." He believes that the 2nd Amendment needs to be erased from the Bill of Rights and that guns need to be taken from Americans, by force if necessary. He further believes that there should be a limit on the amount of ammunition Americans are permitted to buy. And, he favors the implementation of "Universal Background Checks," that heinous new first step in what the National Rifle Association, the National Shooting Sports Foundation, gun activists everywhere - and I - believe is part of a nefarious plan by left-wingers to eventually outlaw guns altogether.
Don't believe it? Look back on history and learn that such a government effort to determine who has what gun led to them being outlawed in China, in Cuba, in North Korea, in Canada, in England, in Burma, in Vietnam, and in 1936 Fascist Nazi Germany, to name just a few.
And for those out there in Internet Land who aren't hunters or gun aficionados, you need to know that virtually every gun purchased from every gun store or at gun shows must first undergo a Federal background check before the transfer may be completed. But those purchase records are destroyed after a few days, by law, making them unavailable to those wishing to establish a database. And that, for gun-grabbers, is the problem. In short, we don't need no stinkin' Universal Background Checks.
Murthy intends to use his new post as Surgeon General to shine a bright light on the issue of gun control, and, in concert with the likes of the Brady Campaign and ex-New York Mayor Little Mikey Bloomberg, the 17th richest dude in America, to finally realize his dream of ripping guns from our "cold, dead hands."
Oh yeah, he's promised he won't use his new post to try and ban guns. Sure. I seem to recall that Barry's two Supreme Court nominees, Sonja Sotamayor and Elana Kagen, also stated that the 2nd Amendment was, as they both said, "settled law," and that neither would use their brand-new SCOTUS positions to try and change it.
The very first time each of them had the chance to act upon that promise they voted against gun rights (Heller v. D.C. and McDonald v. City of Chicago). They lied. But, so did one Mr. Barry Obama, who famously stated in his interview with John Lott, author of "More guns, less crime," when he was still a lecturer at the University of Chicago, "I don't think people should be able to own guns." Nice. If you need proof, go to YouTube and check it out for yourself.
Oh, by the way, our outgoing Surgeon General sent a letter to every Senator begging them not to confirm Murthy because, as she said, "He's not qualified for the job."
So, my fellow Americans, and about 11 Million illegal aliens who, if Obama gets his wish, soon will be, we now have a Surgeon General who knows little or nothing about the practice of medicine, who just loves Barry Obama, who demonstrates disdain for the Bill of Rights, who attained his new post on a strict party-line vote, who was confirmed only because of an unconstitutional and outrageous change in Senate rules, who is deemed unqualified by nearly everyone, including his predecessor, and who wants to take your guns away.
Any reader of this little posting who happened to vote for Mr. Obama should, after being slapped in the face with astonishing bits of information such as this, want to reconsider that decision...