Monday, May 4, 2020

Biden-isms, Part Deux.

I have to say I received so many nice complements from those who appreciated reading about Uncle Joe Biden's "Biden-isms" in a recent posting that I decided to gather up and send along a few more.  

You should know that all these "Biden-isms" are direct quotes.  Nothing made up.  Although it would frankly be easier to believe if it were.  Attributions are provided where possible.  And because I think we all know that Uncle Joe is, ummm, a couple of fries short of a happy meal, most of these "Biden-isms" are spread over the past two decades.  Indicating, I'm pretty sure, that Biden's been daft for quite a long while.  

And so, without further ado (or a don't), here goes...

     -  "No ordinary American cares about their Constitutional rights."

     -  "I never had an interest in being a mayor, 'cause that's a real job.  You have to produce.  That's why I was able to be a senator for 36 years."

www.huffingtonpost.com, March 30, 2012


     -  "Every single morning since I've been 27 years old, I've got up and someone's handed me a card like the one I have in my pocket with the schedule on it, of all the things I'm gonna' do.  I don't know what to do if I didn't have that card."

Source:  PBS.org


     -  "The next person that tells me I'm not religious, I'm going to shove my rosary beads up their ass."

     -  "I get a lot of credit I don't deserve." 
                                
Source:  www.telegraph.co.uk



     -  "I think the only reason Clarence Thomas is on the court is because he's Black."

     -  "It's easy being Vice President.  You don't have to do anything."

Source:  www.foxnews.com, February 26, 2010


     -  "You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent."

Source:  www.nbcnews.com, July 7, 2006


     -  "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and nice-looking guy.  I mean, that's a storybook, man."

Source:  www.cnn.com, February 9, 2007


     -  "There's never been a day in the last four years that I've been proud to be his Vice President.  Not a single day..."

     -  "Folks, I can tell you I've known eight presidents, three of them intimately."

Source:  www.newyorker.com, July 28, 2014


     -  "Guess what, the cheerleaders in college are the best athletes in college.  You think I'm joking, they're almost all gymnasts, the stuff they do on hard wood, it blows my mind."

     -  "When you're appealing to people's fears and anxieties, you can make some gains."

Source:  www.realclearpolitics.com


     -  "I worked at an all-black swimming pool in the east side of Wilmington.  I was involved in what the Negroes, I mean, blacks were thinking, what they were feeling."

     -  "I did not grope the wife of Defense Secretary Ashton Carter or the daughter of Sen. Christopher Coons.  I don't put drugs in drinks or give drinks to underage females.  And all those photos about me inappropriately touching girls, they are blown-up."

Source:  www.spectator.org, October 22, 2015


     -  "Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door."

Source:  www.fieldandstream.com, Feb.25, 2013


     -  "The number one job facing the middle class.  And it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word:  jobs.  J-O-B-S!"

Source:  www.nationalreview.com, Oct. 28, 2008


     -  "Make sure of two things.  Be careful - microphones are always hot, and understand that in Washington, D.C., a gaffe is when you tell the truth, so be careful."

Source:  www.politico.com, June 20, 2012


     -  "Every single great idea that has marked the 21st century, the 20th century and the 19th century, has required government vision and government incentive."

Source:  www.foxnews.com, October 28, 2010


     -  "If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong."

Source:  www.newsbusters.org, July 19, 2010


     -  "Banning guns is an idea whose time has come."

Souce:  www.nwtimes.com, November 18, 1993


     -  "In presidential campaign I released a 65-page file from the time from the Syracuse University College of Law that showed poor grades, back in college, also.  If I were plagiarizing consistently, my grades would have been better."

Source:  www.spectator.org, October 22, 2015


     -  "I was kind of secretly hoping one of my kids would go out and make a million bucks.  So when they put me in a home, at least I'll have a window with a view."

     -  "I may be Irish, but I'm not stupid."

     -  "For too long in this society, we have celebrated unrestrained individualism over common community."

Source:  www.nytimes.com, june 10, 1987


     -  "The more people learn about them (Obama and Hillary) and how they handle the pressure, the more their support will evaporate."

Source:  www.huffingtonpost.com, Jan. 30, 2007


You like these?  There are plenty more.  Plennnnty more!  And they plainly reflect that Joe's elevator has ceased going all the way to the top floor.  Joe's malapropisms are legendary.  And multitudinous.  Let me know if you want me to look around for another batch...    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!