Tuesday, January 21, 2020

"Impeached for Life"

So said one Speaker of the House San Fran Nan Pelosi, on a national late-night TV talk show, about her nemesis, POTUS Donald J. Trump.

She said:

"He has been impeached.  He's been impeached for life.  They can never erase that."

Vindictive much?

Now, I'm just a country boy who's been paying attention to the goings on in Washington, the District of Columbia, our Federal City, for my entire life.  Sort of like a sport with me.  Because I have to pay for it, I might as well enjoy it, right?

In fact, I used to live there for a time whilst protecting my Country from communism.  I was doing my part serving in "military intelligence."  No  jokes, okay?  

A friend once asked me how long I had lived there.  I answered, "Too long."  I'm pretty sure there's a conservative there somewhere.  I just never found one.  So I have a bit of an opinion about whatever might emanate from that august locale.  And what's been emanating from there of late is the impeachment of President Donald J. Trump.

Now then, if I were accused of a crime, the Constitution tells me that I'm guaranteed a fair trial (denied to Trump during the impeachment process).  One where I'm to be judged by a panel of my peers.  One where my lawyers get to represent me and I get a chance to defend myself (denied to Trump during impeachment).  One where I get to call my witnesses (denied to Trump).  One where I get to face my accuser (including whistleblowers, BTW, denied to Trump).  And one where, if I'm found Not Guilty, the stain of any accusation is washed away and I'm then no longer tainted by any claim (unless you're asking Pelosi).    

But not in this case, apparently.

No, no, no!  In the case of the impeachment of Trump, we're told by Pelosi and her sycophantic Democrats in the House of Representatives that his impeachment is forever!  That he'll never be able to wash away the stain of impeachment.  Never!  Hmmm.  

Sort of like when you walk thorough the park and happen to step in dog s**t.  You can wipe it off your shoe, but you can never remove the scent.  

Sort of like that, I guess...

Now then, since he's being accused of two "crimes," which they aren't (one is doing something they didn't like, and the other is his failure to do something they asked of him), then he should be able to put on a defense, and then be found Not Guilty if that's the view of his Senate "jurors."  

Except his "jurors" in this case are Senators, including four who are running against him for President.  I'm not so sure they're going to be impartial, are you?  And also worthy of note, six of the seven Democrat House "Managers," those who Pelosi chose to deliver the House's case against Trump, have already voted to remove him via previous impeachment votes.  Some on multiple occasions.  Some have made it their primary reason for existence to oust Trump from office.  Some even ran for office with the stated goal of Trump's impeachment.

I'm sure you'll recall CA Rep. Maxine Waters bleating out "'Peach' fawty fie!  'Peach fawty fie!" at every one of her fundraisers, right?    

Impartial much?

So I'm thinking we're on the cusp of a new way of doing things in the House of Representatives.  It's impeached Trump for non-crimes, which is a Constitutional no-no.  And refused to allow Republican House members to put on their defense.  Another no-no.  So what's to prevent some future House from doing the very same thing?  As in, a Republican House impeaching a Democrat President for simply pissing them off?  After all, that's why they impeached Trump?

I say, nothing.  Nothing will impede them from payback.  And payback's a bitch, as they say.  And don't listen to any Republican tell you that they'll rise above such petty partisanship.  Do you believe that?  I don't.  I'd say they'll impeach the next Democrat for whatever minor slight, or off-center comment, or failure to accede to their partisan demands.  Or for Just Plain Nothing.    

I would.  Wouldn't you?

So listen up, America!  You're a witness to the New Way Of Doing Things.  Prepare for the Department of Impeachment!  It might even wind up to be a Cabinet position.  I'd say whichever Democrat wins the Presidency in 2008 (unless Don Jr. chooses not to run for a second term) should gird his or her...or its (gotta' remember California!) loins and prepare to be impeached.  He/she/it has it coming.  

And it will be soooooo entertaining to watch...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!