Saturday, September 23, 2017

Hillary's Book Tour.

As we all know by now, unfortunately, Hillary Rodham Clinton has just released her latest "tell all" book.  It's entitled, "What Happened."

Now, I don't know about you, but I would have thought that the title should have been followed by a period.  Or an exclamation point.  Or perhaps a question mark.  Or at least a semi-colon.  Or given that it's Her, a huge $ sign.

But no.  Just a naked "What Happened."  Even though she begins most every book tour commentary with "I take full responsibility for my loss, but my decisions and actions were not the reason I lost."  I love that intro.  It's so telling about her mental state and her grasp of reality. Kind of like, "I did  it, but I didn't really do it, somebody else did it, or several somebodies, unless my having done it proves to be helpful to me, but not if it isn't.  Or something..."

But back to the subject matter at hand.  It seems to me that Her book title indicated that she doesn't know, but would like to. But as to the rest of us, I'm pretty sure we already know. But for those who don't, I've compiled a list of all the reasons she's given on her book tour why she says she lost the 2016 Presidential Election.  And those reasons are very telling, my friends.  So telling I thought it might be interesting to my growing cadre of loyal readers to take a trip to this Land of Oz tour to find out for ourselves exactly what she has in mind for us, her loyal subjects.  

So, in no particular order, and without editorial commentary of any kind, more or less, here is a representative sampling of those excuses...er, reasons.  Most are direct quotes, but a few are paraphrases.  But all are accurate:

-  The Russians weaponized information.
-  The Trump campaign embraced 1,000 Russian agents in an effort to undermine my campaign.
-  Wikileaks release of data and my emails were taken out of context.
-  I would have been succeeding a two-term Democrat President.
-  The release of the James Comey letter significantly harmed my campaign.
-  I got no respect from Trump.
-  My emails were treated as the biggest scandal since Lord knows when!
-  My "traditional" campaign couldn't compete.
-  The "tech revolution" weaponized data and information for the very first time.
-  "Citizens United" campaign financing undermined my effort.
-  The governors and legislatures of Red States did their very best to suppress their voters.
-  President Obama could have made a Presidential address to the nation supporting my campaign, but he didn't.
-  I inherited nothing from the Democrat Party.  
-  The DNC's data was mediocre to poor, and they were effectively bankrupt and threatened with insolvency.
-  I was hampered by the idea of a woman being elected to POTUS.
-  The question of equal pay for equal work.
-  Sexism and misogyny.
-  Negative stories about me in the press and on cable.
-  The unprecedented interference in my campaign by the Trump campaign.
-  I got no respect (with apologies to Rodney Dangerfield. Sorry, couldn't help myself).
-  Bernie's not a Democrat.
-  My emails were the biggest nothingburger ever.
-  Manchurian content farms (Whaaaaat?  Wha' dat?) (Sorry again).
-  The many attacks on me were sexist.
-  Radio broadcaster Alex Jones.
-  Foreign power interference.
-  Joe Biden didn't support me sufficiently.
-  Republican supporters continued to harass me.
-  I didn't break any rules.
-  Facebook stories ("?," again).
-  People wanting "change."
-  Questionable campaign donations from the Koch Brothers.
-  Incessant negative stories about me in the Drudge Report.
-  Massive voter suppression, particularly in the Black Community (where is that Black Community, exactly?).
-  Hostility from The Today Show's Matt Lauer.
-  I had the election stolen from me even though I was very responsible and not at all careless.  (About anything.  Ever.)
-  And, of course, "low information voters."

I actually had to pare this listing down so as not to put my dear readers to sleep.  But this should give you a sense as to how Ms. Clinton is dealing with her (second) loss.  I, for one, although having not read the book, which I have no interest in so doing, although it's now more accessible to average folks like me due to Amazon's having just reduced the price from $30.00 to $17.99, am extremely grateful for her thoughtful list of reasons why the election was taken from her next-in-line, deserving grasp. Too bad.  Maybe next time.

Yeah, I know, it was a long sentence.  My blog, my sentence length...  

I can't help but thinking that Ms. Clinton left out several even more obvious reasons why she lost the campaign.  Those would include:

-  Undesired changes in barometric pressure.
-  Congress' failure to increase the minimum wage.
-  Coal.  And coal miners.
-  Global Warming.
-  Dirt.
-  North Korea.
-  South Korea.
-  East and West Korea.
-  The "vast, right-wing conspiracy."
-  Solar flares.
-  Opioids.
-  A shortage of pantsuits.  
And finally,
-  Non-voting illegal aliens.

I'm pretty sure she'll learn from this painful experience and do better next time.  Please God, I truly hope there's a next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!