Sunday, September 3, 2023

93% of Everybody!

I wonder when people started feeling it was okay to talk about their sexuality in public?

Their sexual proclivities?  Their love life?  Their preferences?  The "G Spot?"  Who they go to bed with?  How many do they go to bed with?  Without shame or self-doubt in the least?  When, exactly, did that practice begin?  Maybe when Kim Kardashian found fame?  When Britney went off the rails?  When?

You'll have to forgive me.  And old folks like me.  When we grew up there were boys and girls.  Period.  No other genders to confuse us.  Or them.   And we didn't talk about sex publicly.  Even Lucy and Desi had to each keep one foot on the floor when appearing in bed on "I Love Lucy."  Think about that.  

Now?  Our own State of California assures us there are 57 genders.  Or was it 58?  I can only imagine how difficult it is for young men to decide whom to now call for a date.  Or even try a pickup line at a bar.  What if they're a "(fill in the blank)" and you get your as* kicked?  This whole "LGBTQ2SII!!*++?" deal is perplexing!  Who's who, is what I'm asking!  Boys and girls didn't have to wear a sign when I was growing up.  Nor were girls 6' 5" and weigh in at 235 lbs. just before they kicked your butt at swimming.  I vote to require some sort of signage, if only for personal safety. 

I suggest we fight fire with fire.  Perhaps it's now time for us "HETEROSEXUALS," the part of our society comprising 93% of everybody, to advertise our average-ness.  Our usual-ness.  Our regular-ness.  Our nearly everybody-ness.  And the 3% or 4% - or even stretching it to 7% of our population that has some special needs - let them advertise it so we can either be drawn to it, or repelled by it.  Or maybe get them some help.  And stop wasting our time...

(From all my psychology training, I can tell you there's a lot of mental illness going around hiding under the gize of "gender dysphoria."  There.  I've said it.  You've got the gist of this posting.  You can sign off now if you wish.)

In fact, I'm now calling for "Heterosexual Pride Month!"  Pick your month, we won't care.  And we don't think it's too much to ask.  After all, we've had "Pacific Islander Month."  And "Transgender Pride Month"  And I think even "Gypsy Pride Month."  Aren't our 321,000,000 (or however many) average, everyday heterosexuals more important than 12,000 Islanders?  Or however many Gypsies?  

Anyway, you decide.  I won't care.  The completely average husbands and wives, and those yet to make the commitment, will be engaged in heterosexual sexual sex while the message scrolls by on the bottom of our TV screens.  Or while waiting for it to scroll...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!