Monday, October 31, 2022

"Brace Yourself for a Very Dark Winter..."

(I'm very pleased to welcome as a guest columnist Ms. Christine Reichert from J. D. Vance's Commonwealth of Ohio.  She's felt the need to opine on her state of mind, and asked that I include her thoughts on my humble blog.  It's my privilege to do so.

Oh yeah, in addition to a gifted writer, Christine is also my Granddaughter...)

                    //////////   +++++   \\\\\\\\\\

"Mortgage rates: 7.08% for 30 year fixed.

Gas up, food up, baby formula hard to find...etc., etc.

On a note closer to home, I've had level billing on fuel oil at $236 for over a year...and keep furnace at a chilly 65 degrees.  AC's always at a very warm 75 - 77.  Other than a smaller hot tub at 104 degrees, which is my therapy for pain and insomnia, I am ultra conservative on my use of anything regarding utilities.  I close off rooms, keep on surge switches, and only turn them on with use.

So you can understand my surprise when I received a love note from the power company saying, "An adjustment is needed to your "Budget Billing Plan" to better reflect your actual usage.  Your BBB will change from $78 $342, effective immediately."  

First of all, where did $78 come from?  And how did it become $342?  I've complained, of course, but I'm not holding out much hope of finding out the answers...

Anyway, I've done my best to winterize and will do more as needed.  And if "Dementia Dan" is right, "It's going to be a very dark winter."  Not only can he foretell the future, he's in control of it (italics mine)..." 

Good luck, Christine, and to all the other Christines out there.  This may be our one and only chance to right our Ship of State...


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!