Saturday, September 18, 2021

And Now For Something Completely Different...

The Chuckmeister is going to share with you, fellow Patriots, a truly grandiose and exciting gift.  "What gift," you might ask?  A college drinking ditty that I wrote back in college, one of them, one of the many, or maybe somebody else did, I'm not really sure, because, as I said, it's a drinking song.

Oh yeah, where was I.  I majored in Animal Husbandry until they caught me at it.  That's a joke.  I used to tell that to people who tried to invade my space while I was travelling all hither and yon on airplanes by asking what I did for a living.  That shut 'em right up, I'm telling you.

And back to the Poem/Song/Ditty.  You have to hear it sung, preferably by me, in order to get the full impact.  But I'm going to try and pass some of that along using my keyboard.  If you just have to know the tune, call me and I'll hum it to you.  For a dollar.  

And so, for the very first time anywhere (please enjoy my emphases wherever appropriate), I offer you...

"Ohhhhhhh, the party's all over the guests were all leaving, 

O'Leary was closing the barrrrrr!

When he turned and he said to the lady in red, 'Get out you can't stay where you arrrrrrre."

Shheeeeeeeeee, wept a sad tear in her bucket of beer as she thought of the long night aheaddddddd,

Whennnnn, Gentleman Dapper stepped out of the crapper, and here...are...the...words...that...he...said:

"Her mother never told her, the things a young girl should know.

About the waaa-haays of college mennnnnn.... And how they come and go; Mostly come!

Now age has taken her bu-huu-hu-teee!  And sin has left it's sad scar.  

So remember your mothers and sisters, boyzzzzz....  

And let Maaa---Reee sleep under the bar.

UNDER.....THE......BAR...

                                              (copyright The Chuckmeister, 2021)

Please enjoy this song whenever good friends get together and are tired of singing the Star Spangled Banner.  You're welcome...                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!