Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Just Think of it As "Entertainment."

According to our Lords and Ladies at the Federal Reserve, my retirement savings has lost 18% of its value since Joseph Robinet O'Biden was immaculated.

By a flood of paper ballots, with a goodly number of questionable legitimacy.

I was crestfallen about this little factoid.  I worked my whole life to save enough $Bucks so that I wouldn't outlive my money.  And while I'm in the process of "outliving," my $Money is dwindling in both quantity, and value.  "Bidenflation" has doubled the price of a Happy Meal at your local Choke and Puke, while I've been eating Top Ramen at home.  

Which has also doubled in price.

But I just decided that, for purposes of mental health, I'm going to consider all this dummmassedness as entertainment!  Like going to the movies (up 60%).  Or maybe to a baseball game (up 37%).  Or a concert (up 66%).

And all of that just since we ushered out Big Orange.  

BTW, Adele was the most expensive concert last year, coming in at a nice round $1,000 a ticket.  Next was Travis Kelce's girlfriend at $950.00.  They consider that entertainment.  I consider Bidenflation my entertainment.  It costs me more, but I don't have to get all dressed up and stand in a line somewhere.

So the visceral pain I felt upon leaving Jack in the Box the other day after being charged $8.69 for an Ultimate Cheeseburger, all by itself, no fries or drink, should be a lesson for us all.  Like the George Soros prosecutor once said to the poor sexual assault survivor, "When rape's inevitable, just lay back and enjoy it!"  

So I'm gonna' lay back and enjoy it.  I'm gonna' stop watching Conservative news channels that report the actual news, and start watching Liberal news channels that simply ignore all the bad happenings around us.  As we all know, they "massage" the news so it sounds better to their poorly educated viewers.  They "tweak" some of it, and just leave other stuff out.  Guilt by both "omission" and "commission."  Maybe that's the preferred way to go.  Simply ignore reality.  America's coming apart at the seams, but we'll simple ignore it.  

Like my Dad once told me when I reminded him of a rock in one of his tires.  The one that kept clicking and clicking and he drove down the road, "Don't worry about it," he said. "It'll go away..."

Do here's my Rx for making it through this Sh*t Storm the Democrats have visited upon us; a.) Ignore it; b.) And if you simply cannot, pretend you're just attending a concert.  Without having to get all dressed up.  Just pretend it's entertainment.

1 comment:

  1. Or you can:
    Mt 6:19-21, 2-4
    “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

    “So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

    And by helping the poor, I recommend helping family, friends, those you know nearby who are good people struggling under the weight of them trying to financially destroy us. It's individuals helping individuals that make the biggest real difference.

    ReplyDelete

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!