Sunday, January 22, 2023

Love Me Some Air Fryer...

I'd like to end this little offering at the beginning; I love my new air fryer.

Yes, fellow Patriots, I value my new air fryer among the very most wonderful new additions to my life, ever.  Excluding my children, of course.  And a couple dozen of my cars, which are now termed "collector."  Besides them.

But besides them, it's my air fryer, hands down!  I should tell you that either my dearly departed wife, or one of the finest nearby restaurants, fed me for as long as I can remember, I never had to learn to cook.  So I didn't.  And I can't.  

So there.

So  now I just heat.  I don't cook anything, I buy stuff and heat it up.  Which is really kind of depressing.  So when I began hearing about air fryers a decade or so back (takes me awhile), my ears perked up.  I thought to myself, self:  Gotta' think about buying one of those new fangled thingies one day. 

Maybe.

Well, that day arrived over the Holidays.  The price came down to a place where I thought I could take a chance, so I pushed "buy."  In a flash it arrived.  I unboxed it and put in an exalted place right on my countertop.  I read the instructions and decided to put it to the test.  Expecting to be disappointed.  After all, the whole process of cooking has proven disappointing.  So I put a bunch of freedom fries on the tray, stuck it in, used the suggested temp and time, and pushed "go."  

Damn!  10 or 12 minutes later I had the best fries I've had lately!  This sucker works!  The fries came out crispy and tinged with a nice golden brown!  They would have made Emeril proud!  And they were free of any oily residue, also!  

Then I tried one;  it was delicious!  Holy crap!  I just replaced my unpredictable and slow and often screw up-prone and expensive to use oven!  And even much of the stuff I used to use requiring my gas range.  It was a magic box!  

Horee Clap!

Since making this $50 discovery, I've used my fryer to cook yummy salmon, crispy, tasty hot dogs, tater tots by the bushel, chicken pot pies, and even frozen hamburger patties!  Did I mention biscuits?  Just put a few frozen Pillsbury Grands on the tray and 18 minutes at 350 degrees later, you've got perfect, yummy mini-mountains of goodness!  And they all turn out better than with a stove or microwave.  And much faster, also!  Did I say it's a Magic Box? 

Yes, yes I did.  And so I end where I began.  Never has the expenditure of $50 made me happier.  Oh, except for that time in Amsterdam, of course...  

(P.S.  I suggest you run right and buy one of these puppies.  They're guaranteed to make you smile, and erase your hunger, and maybe even save your marriage.  On the cheap.)  

2 comments:

  1. Instant Pots are also great! And if you make smoothies, Vit-a-mix blenders are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't found anything yet that isn't great!

    ReplyDelete

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!