Sunday, October 10, 2021

"IrishX"

I was just advised by our friends on the Telly that this is "Hispanic and LatinX History Month."

First of all, I don't know what "LatinX" means.  I do know that it's a "neologism," meaning a "made-up" word.  And I also know that most of my political opponents on the other side of the equation have no idea what a neologism is.  

They just know how to make up words.  And crises to try and remanufacture America.  

Does that mean others who are close to Latinos, but aren't quite, might also qualify?  Or just simply that they're "X-tra" special folks, and the networks want to make sure you know it.  

Or that the networks are pandering shamelessly to every single racial group to try and win viewers.  (Lemme' think here... Duh!)

I also made it a point to note that a month or two ago was "African-American History Month."  Why aren't they called "American-Africans, BTW?"  Aren't they more proud of America than Africa?  And "Gypsy History Month" no doubt before that.  But I do not recall their "months" having had an "X" attached to the back end of their races.  Was there a "BlackX History Month?"  No.  Was there a "GypsyX History Month?"  Ummm, no.  Was there an "Indigenous PeoplesX" month?  No, again.  Now about "Pacific Islanders/JavaneseX" History Month?  No, no, no!  And I should stop trying.  Wouldn't even know where to put the "X."  

I did Google "Irish History Month," for me, being proudly Irish, and damn!  Found one!  It's in March, I think.  But even as the Latinos get an "X," the Irish are left high and dry; no stinkin' "X" for us.  No "IrishX" for us.  Are we failing to get all the stuff our Gummint should be giving us?  Like our own "X?"  Or are they being branded with their own special six-pointed yellow star, like our Jewish friends were in Warsaw way back when?    

Racism?  You decide...   

Being an inquisitive sort, and wondering exactly when "White" or "Caucasian History Month" would come around, I Googled it.  Damn!  You would thought I'd committed a Capitol Crime!  How dare me!  To actually think that we think that we deserve a "History Month!"  If for no other reason that just because every body else got one.

Or does that make sense only to me?

Google tells me I'm surrounded by White People and their History and their Exploits.  And that I shouldn't need to be reminded of either them, or what they've accomplished.  I'm kind of worried now that Google will send my info off the the FBI and that they'll start a file on me.  If they can police parents at school board meetings, I'm pretty sure they could come after me.  I guess I'm supposed to just fade into the background, "taps" playing soulfully.  With the rest of America's faithful patriots fading away with me...

Well guess what, America?  I'm whatcha' call "White," and I'm okay with it.  I'm neither extra proud about my skin shade, nor particularly off-put by it.  I just came stock with it, like my arms and legs, so I've kind of grown used to it.  In fact, I go entire DAYS and even WEEKS without even thinking about my particular shade of skin.  I think about trimming my toenails more often than my skin color.  I would assume those of differing races feel just about the same.   

But if you listen to race-baiting, opportunistic, greedy Democrats, like our POTUS 44, I guess I could be wrong...

So, somebody please tell me why I should bow down to some alter of Skin Shade Perfection somewhere?  I'll wait...  

Of course, I remind you that I identify as a Latino, and Hispanic, if there's any difference, and Black, and also gay.  And Gypsy, if you care.  And any other "protected class" that I would otherwise offend.  

Gleefully.  Proudly...

And I would suggest that all my friends who happen to be in my VBRC (Very Big Racial Club) would similarly identify.  Only by our so doing will we disarm the miserable commie pinko pukes who are trying so desperately to divide - and destroy - America...

1 comment:

  1. On Grandma's side, I can trace my genealogy back to the Revolutionary War. But, I don't need to because Grandma did; so she could become part of the D.A.R. I just found out my maiden name is Irish. My mom, at age one, her father and mother were in the1940 census. But, at some point, Mom was raised by a man named Robert. Mom thinks he was her father's brother. He was, as she said, "raising a passel of kids and she was the oldest." He moved from place to place and drank a lot! At some point she was thrown on his bed, and the gun fell out of the headboard. Somewhere between eight and twelve, she was charged with attempted murder as he ran for his life, while he was charged with attempted rape. She ended up in an orphanage. She was kicked out of fifth grade there for defending herself from an older boy. The boy sat her on a hot radiator. She sat his arm on the same hot radiator the next day. But, she wouldn't show them the burns he'd given her the day before. They made her care for the preschoolers, instead. One day she was called into the office and told she was a year and a half older than she thought she was. At retirement, the Social Security office couldn't make sense of her legal documents since she had FOUR LEGAL names. I guess it goes with being an orphan, poor records from eighty years ago, and record takers that did the best they could with spelling surnames.

    I have very curly, extremely frizzy, black hair. I have olive skin and dark circles under my eyes that only get worse with lack of sleep. I have been asked by more minority people my race than you could imagine! Some think I am African-American. Others think, I'm Hispanic or Spanish. Still others think I'm part Native American. Growing up, I considered myself white. I look like I could qualify for any, or a mix of all of the above. My response to their FREQUENT questions is, "I don't know. My mother was an orphan."

    So, do I claim minority status? Do I claim white as I did growing up? Actually, I resent the 'What is your ethnicity?' question. They say it doesn't matter, then force you to answer it. If it doesn't matter, DON'T ASK! I have chosen 'Other' or 'Prefer not to answer' for decades. I would like to answer, 'I don't know!'" followed by "'It's none of your business!' and 'Nobody should care!'

    At this point in life, I wish I'd taken the time to learn Spanish. Then, I'd pass myself off as 'Hispanic' and have more rights. Somehow, just being an American is no longer enough. Or, I'd go to Mexico, and sneak back across the border with no papers. I'd go from a low-income, privileged white person, to someone who gets everything, and doesn't have to have proof of vaccine in order to have a good job. You, see, as "white", I'm somehow privileged. But, if I weren't, I'd be a victim with "all the breaks."

    ReplyDelete

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!