Saturday, July 22, 2023

I Came From That Small Town...

Jason Aldean wrote his new hit song about my home town.

And the Looney Left is doing its best to "cancel" "Try That in a Small Town."

Because it showcases the crimes perpetrated against America during the riots.  The REAL riots that occurred in all 50 of our Biggest Bluest Cities.  Using real, honest videotape, taken during the summer of 2019.  That was when Black Lives Matter and Antifa did over $2 Billion Dollars in damage, killed 13 cops and wounded more than 350 citizens.  They burned down liquor stores, and car dealerships, and court houses.  

Court houses, fergodssake! 

While ABC/CBS/NBC/PBS/NPR and every other Left-Wing Corporate Media operation did everything in their power to ignore the problem.  Nothing to see here, please move along.  

Cities burning, people hurting, them ignoring.  What else is new?

You probably heard about that, because you're a fellow Patriot.  That's likely because you're a consumer of news from reliable sources.  However, at least half our population aren't, because their chosen sources for news chose not to report it.  They turned their heads.  Because it was "inconvenient" to their preferred presidential candidate.   

Who was lounging in his basement at the time, as I recall. 

If a supposed "riot" happened at the Capitol Building on January 6th and nobody was hurt,* and the building wasn't burned down, like that proverbial tree in the forest, did that "riot" really happen?

I'll leave that for you to decide.

But back to Aldean.  He puts out this song that puts out a message:  don't pull that riot crap in small towns, or you'll get hurt.  Badly.  Don't think that you can do the same stuff in Chillicothe, Missouri that you do in Philadelphia, or Portland, or Lost Angeles.  Because the folks in Chillicothe will make you wish you hadn't...

I know whereof I speak.  I'm from Chillicothe, Missouri.  A town of 9,800 hearty souls, who work hard for a living, believe their word is their bond, and would walk over broken glass for a friend or neighbor.

I've been extolling the virtues of small town values since I started writing this blog.  More than 15 years now.  More than 1,600 postings, so far.  And every one is based upon how growing up in a small, upper Midwest farming community impacted my life.  And helped shape me into who I am.  Even though I now live in the middle of millions of folks, some 1,700 miles away, I conduct myself as if I were back home.  

In Chillicothe.

I come from a town where nobody locked their doors.  There was no need.  Nobody would think to try and break in, as doing so would result in you being ventilated.  With extreme predudice.  As in, everybody back home is armed.  And considered dangerous.  Even to the point of perhaps hoping somebody would break our code, so we could help "educate" them back to the straight and narrow.  

Even if it meant a stay at the local hospital.  Which is good for business, right?

It was a late summer, as I recall.  The starlings had decided to infest our Livngston County Court House.  Which was located smack in the middle of Chillicothe.  Starlings have been called the rats of the bird world.  I'd sure agree with that.  They were pooping all over the Court House and the cars parked around it,  So much so the Mayor invited the City's residents to stop by one Saturday afternoon, and be sure to bring your shotgun, and please remove our starlings.  

With extreme prejudice.

There was only caveat; use only No. 7 or 8 bird shot so as not to blow out the Courthouse windows.

Can I tell you it was a freakin' riot!  The good kind!  For an hour we blasted away.  Some 70 or 80 of us.  The smoke from the shotgun blasts hung heavy in the cool, early evening air.  They were passing out coffee and doughnuts.

Could you see something like that happening in Baltimore?  Or Chicago?  Or New York City?

Oh yeah, maybe it does.  Except with bullets instead of bird shot.

So I brought Chillicothe with me when I moved to California.  I couldn't have done otherwise.  It's so ingrained in me that there's no way I could do otherwise.  So yes, I believe in all the things I believed in when I was home.  I have an arsenal of firearms and a boxcar load of ammunition.  And woe be to him/her/it/they who choose to violate my privacy.

Just like in Chillcothe, I would open anybody up like a can of tuna who violates my privacy, my safety, or my security.  Or of my family.  Or friends.  Or  anyone anywhere near me.  I think I'll go download that song now.

Have a nice day...

*    No one was killed during the Jan 6th uprising.  Several were hurt, but no one died.  Despite what our feckless Mumbler-in-Chief or the Corporate Media tells you.  Over and over and over...



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!