Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Not So "Krispy...Kreme"

I recall earning a big fat $0.75 cents an hour at my after school and on weekends first job.  So a $One Dollar Bill was a big deal back then.  Heck, quarters were a big deal!  So $5 Dollar Bills were those things carried around by folks in a different socio-economic strata than us po' folks.

So you'll perhaps undertand the following ramblings of a man who just needed a couple of nice, warm donuts, and a greedy corporation trying to hold them hostage for a gargantuan payout.   

                              ////  +++  \\\\

Seldom has the dreaded symbol of Bidenomics burst forth more than an experience I suffered this morning.

I decided to stop by my friendly Krispy-Kreme on my way home to pick up a couple of those delish donuts.  You know the ones I mean.  The ones made from the breath of the gods.  The ones that are the prandial equivalent of crack.  The ones no doubt invented by an Arthurian Knight riding a unicorn.  

One bite, hooked.  If you haven't tried them, don't.

So I pulled through the drive-in and, wait..what?  No cars, no waiting.  Shocker!  A nice older lady took my order.  "Two OG's," I said.  "Original glazed!"  She gave me the thumbs up and went to work on my order.  While waiting there, I must add, I noticed the gas station sign across the boulevard.  $5.99 for regular, it broadcast.  Jeeesh!  $2.50 Trump gas for only $5.99!  Thank you, BoyGuv Newsom!  Please, can you just stop helping us so much?  

We sit on a river of oil, BTW, but can't pump it and use it because...ummm...global warming.  Or cooling.  Or something else, because small, insecure humans need something to be afraid of.  Some "boogeyman" who just might ruin their party.  "The Sky Is Falling!"  For them, it is.  And it always shall be... 

Just about then the nice older lady handed me my two donuts.  With a request for...ready for it?...$4.98.  

      $FIVE BUCKS FOR TWO FRIGGIN' DONUTS?  

I don't care if they're the made from spun gold, two donuts aren't worth $5.00!  

I think the last time I bought K-K donuts they were about $1.00 each.  Still overpriced for fried dough, but acceptable as a sometime treat one can splurge on.  But $5.00?

But then, I thought to myself, forget it, Mr. Chuckmeister, there's not a damn thing I can do about it.  This was a plague wrought upon us by B. Hussein Obama and his crowd.  They decided to socialize America and are doing a fine job of it.  Remember, he and his Gang of Community Organizers brought us Joe O'Biden!  Just smile through clenched teeth and give the lady $5.00, I thought to myself.  Just submit and it won't hurt so much...

I shared my exasperation with the woman behind the drive-thru window.  She agreed with me, stating she couldn't afford her own employer's donuts.  And, she added, it was a good thing I stopped by as she hadn't had a customer in more than half an hour.  It was about 10:45 at the time, but even so, that was a shocker!  It should be known that Mr. "Kreme" took over this space in Temecula, Taxifornia from a "Yellow Basket" burger joint.  Which had just gone t*ts up.  As, I thought to myself, this joint would soon follow.

But then, again, I thought to myself, it's no big deal since that $5.00 bill is now only worth about $1.00.  And soon it will likely be worth that Quarter that I used to value so dearly.  Only then did I regain my composure and head off into the sunset.  To eat those delicious donuts.    

         For the very last time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!