Sunday, May 21, 2023

Need an Extra $100?

If so, be on the lookout for a phone call from the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

They called me today and a very nice young lady began to explain all the various and sundry things they were planning to do.  Not doing, mind you, but planning to do.  And then she said, "I'd like to thank you for all your help in the past, and ask if a $100 would be okay?"  

I said, "Well bless your heart for asking!  But no, darlin,' I'm living okay on my Social Security income.  I've had to cut back on some things, given the "Bidenflation" we're all living through, and not go out quite so much, but I'll weather the storm.  And so will America.  So you give that $100 to someone who needs it more than me."  

There was this long silence.  

All I could think of during that pregnant pause was this is what an Ivy League education and $200,000 in student loans gets you.  I hung up politely so as not to cause this nice lady further psychic injury.  I'm pretty sure she had to seek out their "crying room."  And perhaps not for the first time.

Nor the last...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!