Saturday, August 27, 2022

Public Announcement!

I doubt any of my prospective assailants will take the time to read this Public Announcement.  Assuming they can read, that is.

But whether they can, or cannot, I'm posting this as my Public Announcement that I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.  That I will henceforth be carrying some sort of "personal protection" every time I leave my abode in the event some Bad Guy chooses to try and deprive me of my Civil Rights and interrupt my exercise of free travel and free expression.  And the continuance of my previously free life. 

(That's legal-speak for failing to leave me the Hell alone.)  

That that "personal protection" might be a knife, or it might be pepper spray, or it just might just be a firearm.  A "gun."  Oooooo!!!  Yeah, one of them.  And it might just be all three.

And we know that the Bill of Rights states in the 2nd Amendment that I have the absolute Right "to keep and bear arms," whether the state in which I currently reside agrees with it or not.  And by "arms," they meant firearms."  So I intend to arm myself with a copy of the Bill of Rights in the event I get waylaid in my travels by a someone charged with collecting tolls and who wants to know why I'm packing heat.  And that, simply, will be my answer.  

It might not satisfy that guy, or gal, or "it," (gotta' remember, this is California!), but that will be my answer.  And likely as not I'll never be asked the question unless I've been forced to protect myself from some evil perpetrator, and drop him/her/it like a bad habit.  Somebody tries to jack my car at a stoplight?  I'll rearrange his anatomy.  I even have special ammunition designed especially for that special occasion.  It's a fair trade, right?  So as I said up there above, I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.  And since I never, ever miss, the likelihood is also great that whoever got in my way would then be pushing up daisies.  They would never, ever trouble another citizen.  Get my drift?  It should therefore be a cut and dried affair.

So if you happen to know someone who harbors the intention to commit some felony anywhere near me, and with apologies to Nancy Reagan, please pass along to all those would-be perps:  Just Say No To Felony!

I'd like to leave you with this:  It's said that Samuel Colt, the inventor of the famous Colt .45 "Peacemaker," made a five foot tall woman equal in stature to a 6' 5" bully.  And an old coot like me equal in stature to a gang of car thieves.  Try me...

As I said, "Public Announcement."  I'll remain silent and just refer the arresting officer and the jury of my peers to this statement if and when the time ever comes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!