Saturday, January 1, 2022

At Least There's The Weather...

I was just sitting here counting my many blessings on this, the very first day of 2022, here in the once-beautiful State of California (Happy New Year to you all, BTW!).

I have four lovely daughters, four lovely sons-in-law, and seven lovely grandchildren.  They are all lovely.  I think you got that.  Some folks don't have lovely kids or grandkids, so don't laugh.  I'm not.

And my car's paid for.  It's actually pretty nice.  Still shiny.  I'm glad to have it.  Funny though; I bought it used, and it's now worth more than I paid for it.  Is that what we got when we voted for O'Biden?

And my house just went up in value another 15% or so.  For those of you who don't live here, if you're not on the real estate train already, it's probably too late.  The average home in Orange County, for instance, is going for more than $1 Million.  And by "average," I mean a house you could buy for $225,000 in Texas or Florida.  

Where there's no property taxes.

Or income taxes.

Or authoritarian dimbulbs who take particular delight in ordering you around.  

But then I stared at the paper in front of me, my Number Two Ticonderoga pencil poised at the ready, prepared to jot down the next thing for which I am grateful that came to mind, but it didn't.  I couldn't think of much else to be thankful for.  My health sucks, so don't go there.  I couldn't afford to buy my house if I had to buy it again, so that's rather scary.  

I have to now nurse my gasoline with an eyedropper, what with $6.00 a gallon gas and all.  We have a 200 year supply of oil in the ground and good ol' Joe is begging OPEC to pump more.  Wha...?  

China tried to kill us with a virus and we're trying to kill each other over masks and mandates, so can't be too happy 'bout that.

We used to have a minimum wage that little Johnnie and Suzie could use to earn after school money.  Now that "after school money" is earned by a 31 year-old guy named Fernando, who has a wife and two kids.  Min-wage is now $17.60 an hour in West Hollywood as-of-1/1/22.  The very highest in the Nation.  I heard they wanted that distinction.  Why, I don't know, but they got it...  

That means a West Hollywood waiter now makes $2.60 an hour more than a starting United States Army soldier.  Let that sink in...

We're forced to now wear these flimsy masks if we wish to enter some restaurants or businesses or airplanes.  Not in Florida or Texas or many other states run by folks with common sense, mind you, but here in California.  Of course, you must know that the holes in these masks are so large a dance troupe of 20 viruses could link arms and waltz through them.  Sideways.  Whilst kicking up their little virus-y legs.  But it sure makes the decision-makers happy.  

I think these masks have become the "MAGA" hats for the "Progressives" among us.  What do you think?

But in between my aches and pains, I have to revert to my deep-down optimistic nature.  I just went outside and the weather is lovely!  It's about 62 degrees, bright sunshine, a nice, lovely 3 - 5 mph onshore breeze and lovely, big cumulus clouds wafting across the azure sky.  And that's on a New Years Day!

So, fellow Patriots, no matter that the houses and the gasoline and the food are unaffordable, and that the taxes and the min-wages and the crime statistics are the highest in the Nation, at least there's the weather!  

Right?

Right?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!