Thursday, January 13, 2022

Chuckmeisterly Observations, Circa 2022...

Well now, my Pretties!  My little "Predictions" efforts have been so well received, so roundly applauded, so joyously inculcated, that I think I'll burst forth with some "Observations" I've been conjuring up of late.  

Not fifth, forth. 

They're not Earth-shattering observations, to be sure,  but I sometimes even amaze myself with my occasional flashes of brilliance!  Not too often, mind you, but occasionally.  As they say, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and again.  And here, I believe you'll agree, are some of my better little acorns, or "Observations," accumulated over the years, and catalogued for just such an important occasion as now.  Here goes...

     -  Never judge a man 'til you've walked a mile in his shoes.  Then, if you still find him wanting, you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes...

     -  I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by six.

     -  There was a time when American car makers owned 100% of the American car market.  And why the Hell not, I would ask?  Now?  Less than 30%.*  Seems they're guilty of doing the same thing over and over, and over, and selling less as a result. 

     -  Never worry about anything over which you have no control.

     -  Life is a terminal condition.

     -  I'd like to apologize today for being White.  I'd like to, but I won't.

     -  Who was the guy who decided that "flem" should be spelled, "phlegm?" 

     -  Someone honked at me the other day to try and get me to move from my parking space faster.  Funny, I thought.  Now I'll have to wait in that spot until one of us dies. 

     -  I keep wondering when the "Big One" will hit and everything east of the San Andreas Fault will fall into the Atlantic...

     -  The current death rate for hospitalized pediatric COVID patients is somewhere between 0.00%, which is, like, none, and 0.02%, which is like, ummm, damn few!  

     -  Trying to make a poor man rich by making a rich man poor is like standing in a bucket and trying to pull yourself up by the handles.

     -  There are 2.8 million stone blocks in the Great Pyramid of Giza.  Each of those blocks weighs between 17.5 and 80 tons, and comes from more than 500 miles away.  We are told it was commissioned by Top Guy Khufu upon his inauguration 4,500 years ago and had to be completed within 20 years, before he died.  Without iron or bronze tools, or  beasts of burden, or even the wheel!  Just human labor.  A little simple math will tell that if all of the above is true, a multi-ton block had to be laid every 2.5 minutes, 24 hours-per-day, 7 days a week.  Proof of ancient alien intervention, anyone?

     -  How to fire someone:  "Tony, we don't know what we'd do without you.  But starting tomorrow morning, we'd like to try."

     -  The FBI tells us that 86.1% of all the firearm killings occur in cities with populations of over 50,000.  Not surprising that citizens are beating feet to cities of under 50,000 population.  

     -  Come to think of it, we should abolish the death penalty and simply give our really bad felons a one-way ticket to south Chicago, the Murder Capital of America (797 last year, an all-time record).  Same results, most likely...

     -  I'm kind of wondering about the I.Q. of those who would trade real dollars for made-up money like Bitcoin.  If they really want some fake money, they should park out front of a 7/11 on a Saturday night.  They can find all the counterfeit money they want. 

     -  Ever wonder why we should have to give $11 a month to those wonderful charities that buy homes for our disabled vets and first-responders?  We pay out nearly $89 Billion a Year in foreign aid.  Don't you think we should remember that charity begins at HOME? 

     -  Joe O'Biden is exhorting Congress to get rid of the filibuster.  He says that it's everything bad and nothing good.  Funny, Democrats used the filibuster 328 times between 2019 - 2020.  Hypocrite much?

     -  Note to V.P. Harris, it's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.  

     -  I always figured it was a good idea to believe in God, and make those beliefs known.  If there's no God around when you take your celestial discharge, you'll never know it.  But if there is...

*   General Motors, which at one time enjoyed a more than 70% share of the American auto market, and is still our largest in terms of absolute share, now languishes at 17%.  I guess they enjoy getting their asses continually kicked... 

1 comment:

  1. For more great insights, find yourself a copy of "the notebook of Lazarus Long" by Robert Heinlein

    ReplyDelete

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!