Thursday, November 4, 2021

Schadenfreude...

You'll forgive me I trust for taking inordinate glee at the wailing and gnashing of teeth going on in the more Liberal enclaves.  I'm sort of unevolved like that; I engage in "Schadenfreude"* at every opportunity. 

And so I was anxious to check out the Liberal websites on Wednesday morning to see how they were faring after last night's monumental electoral drubbing.  The poor folks at MSNBC and CNN were looking mighty forlorn, I'd say.  Some no doubt had to seek medical attention, I was thinking, after the "Defcon 4" meltdown they were suffering.  In fact, the opening masthead on MSNBC's website yesterday morning, up there at the very tippy-top, was...

"Glenn Youngkin's win proves White ignorance is a powerful weapon." 

They just don't get it.  Fortunately.

I understand that others of a Conservative nature like me, The Chuckmeister, spent a lot of time on Tuesday watching Election returns not on the "Fair and Balanced" Fox News, but on MSPMS and CNN(LOL).  I moved over to these uber-Liberal enclaves when it became apparent that Youngkin, against all odds, had slam-dunked the Virginia governor's race, and Citiarelli was running even, if not ahead, in New Jersey's.  So I could relax and take a tour of the Far Left cable channels to see how they were handling the news, and, of course, to take joy in their displeasure.  

They weren't dealing with it very well.  I gorged on MSNBC's Nicole Wallace, Joy Reid and Rachel Maddow as they went through the "Five Stages of Grief."**  It was delicious.  Their arms flailing, they each proclaimed that the Virginia Election was "...stolen by white supremacists!"  And "...CRT isn't real!  It isn't being taught in Virginia's schools!"  Of course, had Ms. Reid taken the time to visit Virginia's school system's own website, it clearly states that it not only supports Critical Race Theory, but it lists several publications on the subject it highly recommends for reading.  Had they just taken the time.  Or more likely, had the interest.  Or, perhaps the willingness to consider other points of view...

Oh, pardon me.  I'm sorry!  That was an outrageous thing for me to say!

*        An olde-timey German word that means, "taking pleasure at the misfortune of others."  Yeah, like what I said...

**      Dr. Kubler-Ross' book, the "Five Stages of Grief" details what one goes through following the death of someone close or other major trauma.  They are:  denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.  I'd say the fine folks at these two failing cable stations*** are in about State One, or maybe Two.  Doncha' just love this?

***   The October cable channel viewer reports are in:  CNN averaged 626,000 daily viewers in the most important demographic.  One million is considered acceptable.  They came in at 25th.  Right behind the Home and Garden Channel (LOL).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!