Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Word Salad...

 "Now is the time for us to do what we've been doing.  And it's that time, every day"

                                                                                        Kamala Harris, Vice President

The above quote from our prospective Commander-in-Chief gave me pause.  Not "paws," pause.  And it caused me to ponder our present circumstance as a society and to decide if I could get behind Mzzz. Harris' plans.  As in, to stay the course.  Keep on keeping on, as they say.   

While doing so I just visited the General Store.  It was time for my run to get provisions.  You know, flour, beans, coffee, etc.  I throw ol' Shep in the Jeep and go down from the mountain top once a month or so to stock up.  And while there, I happened to note that the price of a package of pre-cooked Oskar Meyer bacon, 2.3 ounces, was $9.99.

I looked around for the Candid Camera.  It wasn't there...

Yes, I'd like to use this blog posting of mine, read with viggah by tens and tens of rabid news-seekers, to send a message along to Mzzzz. Harris.  Could you please stop "...doing what (you've) been doing?"  

Bacon was about $5.00 a pound when we were asked to give the Gubmint "two weeks to spread the curve."  Now?   We cannot afford to buy a pound.  We have to buy bacon like the cocaine addicts buy their nose candy.  By the eight ball.  Maybe there'll be a guy with a long black coat next to a street lamp who'll sell bacon by the strip to the peasants.

So here's the Bottom Line, as they say:  Prices up 15% overall, inflation up 10.6%, roast beef up 22.1%, pork up 20.3%, and bacon, as we said, up 19.4%.  More than 60,000 restaurants have permanently closed so far, but then again, who's counting? 

Oh yeah, and gas up more than 50% in some areas.  Here in Taxifornia,  it's at least $4.80 a gallon, and as much as $8.00 depending upon your location.

I have a 7' tall Jewish friend from Minneapolis who's the smartest guy I know.  And I'm sure he'd say the same thing about me.  And I'm thinking we'd probably both be wrong.  Anyway, I told him when all this all started that Liberals have to buy gas, too.  And when they start paying through the nose for gas, what they voted to have happen, an end to fracking and no more oil, they'd quietly start changing their minds when $5.00 a gallon gas became a reality.  He told me I was wrong.  He's even more Conservative than am I, so he can be forgiven for being unforgiving.  I told him to hide in the bushes and watch this fustercluck unfold.  It would be delicious, I told him...

BTW, I know he's not really 7' tall.  But he's the tallest Jewish genius I know, so I thought I'd take artistic license here.  He'd be a genius even if he was Polynesian.  And a midget.  I think he's been wrong twice this year.  The other time he thought he was wrong but he was really right...

And so, in summation, Kamala, baby, sweetie pie, could you your friends back there in Foggy Bottom please just stop doing what you've been doing?

Pretty please?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!