Friday, October 6, 2023

Not in Today's America.

When I was a kid my dream was to become a U. S. Senator.  Or maybe Congressman.  Whichever.  But only after my professional pool shootin' days were over (hustling); and saving the Nation from communism, via the U. S. Army, which you'll note I did.  And finishing up my college degree, after matriculating at no less than five (5) facilities of higher learning (the first four summarily invited me to leave).  

I was brought up believing that the height to which one could hope to attain was becoming an elected Congressperson.  To be able to serve your family, your friends and your Country.  No higher honor.  To go to Washington, to serve, and to then come home.  That was my dream.  And I sought it with every move I made throughout my early career.  I got married and bought a house and had a mess of kids and started a company and hired a bunch of folks and spent decades as a contributing member of society.  

And about that time they, the "Powers that be," started romancing me about running for local office.  A necessary perquisite to climbing the elected ladder.  They suggested the city council.  Or maybe the school board.  Or take my pick, they'd be behind me.  As the "first rung" on the ladder to even higher office.  Maybe state senator.  Or even governor.  And then I thought of my early goal; becoming a Congressperson.  This was the time to decide.  Did I wish to pull the "trigger," metatphorically speaking, and grab at that brass ring?

Ummmm, no.  I decided that the America I'd grown up in was no longer.  That the entirety of the elected elite seemed to no longer be working for the voter.  Rather, they seem to now be sucking at the public teat, padding their own personal wealth, forever.  

And ever.*

All this bile was necessitated by my watching the House Committee on Impeachment Inquiry conduct its first meeting a week or so ago.  It was a ping-pong match between those on the Right and on the Left as to whether the Committee should even exist.  That wading through mountains of "dots-not-yet-connected" evidence weren't enough for the Left, ever so furiously protecting the "Big Guy."  

Their stumbling, bumbling, "Mumbler-in-Chief." 

It had to gall those on the Right.  Having a Hearing to try and determine if there's enough evidence to launch a full-blown impeachment won't work for the Democrats.  To have to hear such bullsh*t and keep a (reasonably) straight face.  Especially when Mzzz. Ocasio-Cortez chose to chime in.  She made me dumber from having to listen to her.  She's got to be the only waitress in history to never bring anything to the table.  If she's our high water mark as to citizen attainment in our Country, then we're doomed.  We're in deep doodoo.  We're screwed.  

And remember, as taxpayers, you're paying for it.  

And let's not forget my personal favorite, Democrat Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA).  Mr. Johnson famously commented some years ago that we should not base more of our soldiers on Guam, because that poor island nation just "Might tip over."  

Hmmm.

And Gerold ("Jerry") Nadler (D-NY).  Can't forget him.  He's the guy who famously wears his trousers belted ABOVE his nipples.  You can't pay attention to what he says for how he looks and dresses.  

And new to the scene is brand-new Senator John Fetterman (D-PA).  This guy's a slob.  A mental case, and a slob.  A guy who has to be ordered to put on a suit and tie, as if it's his right not to observe a centuries' old tradition.  Think about this: he arrived in Washington, D. C. needing months of mental rejiggering before he could even speak a full sentence.  Months off the job for Pennsylvania.  Professionalism is dead.  A fish rots from the top.  I guess this fool proves the old adage.  Can't you just imagine how awful this must look around the world?  

"Progressive?"  I'll take a pass...

I have to believe that each and every one of these elected folks were successful enough in their prior lives to warrant the trust of their voters to send them to Congress.  And represent them to their maximum abilities.  And for them to have to sit through this crap is personally demeaning.  I wouldn't do it for 10 times what we're paying them.  a Hundred Times!  They have to have a deep-seated need to be thrashed and to have their characters' demeaned to keep from getting up and walking away.  Unless they are full-blown masochists, they should resign in protest, immediately!

Congressional Democrats should be ashamed of themselves.  If they had any shame.

I was always taught people were judged by the company they keep.  I don't think hanging around this crowd would be a good for your reputation, unless making $Millions of Dollars from such bottom-dwelling is more important to you.  

And that's why I chose not to run for elective office.  And plenty of good reasons to run from it... 

*    (See "Gold Bar Bob (Senator) Menendez, if you doubt me.  $500.000 in cash and hundreds of thousands in gold bars in his sock drawer for selling out to Egypt.  And he was tried for the same offense back in 2016 and escaped only via a hung jury.  Some people are just born thieves.  And then New Jersey elects them to higher office...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chuckmeister welcomes comments. After I check them out, of course. Comment away!