Friday, October 23, 2015
Not to make this little blog all about guns, but while I'm at it, I just couldn't resist reporting to you, my loyal readership, which numbers in the many tens, about some recently garnered quotes from politicians and celebrities about gun control.
Yes, these otherwise nice folks, no doubt, seem to believe that, even though they don't know squat about guns, they have the soapbox from which to opine. Like our (Non)Fearless Leader, who seems to think that "modest gun control measures" equates to full-blown, knocking-on-your-door-in-the-middle-of-the-night, black helicopter, hand-over- the-guns confiscation goons, these bozos are so scared of guns they want to take yours away and leave you defenseless. Don't know how they think it would benefit them by disarming us, and we have to assume that they don't do much of anything without benefiting. And I don't know why they think anyone would care what they think about guns, or anything else for that matter, but they have a tendency to open their mouths and start spewing blather. And there's always some low-rent reporter to memorialize that blather for the rest of us to read. And here, my loyal friends, are some of the dumbest things they felt obligated to share with us, and I feel obligated to share with you. Ready? Okay, here we go...
- Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-NY, was on Current TV's "Viewpoint" recently. Yes, Current TV, the station nobody ever watches. She blamed the Second Amendment for making us "unsafe anywhere," and said "gun control has to be done." Her classic comment was, "The 2nd Amendment protects the people who want all the guns they can have. The rest of us, we've got no 2nd Amendment. What are we supposed to do?" Ummm, yes, Louise. What, indeed?
- Comedian, some say, Jay Mohr tweeted the following comment shortly after the Boston Marathon terrorist bombing, claiming that the 2nd Amendment somehow inspired the two Muslim jihadist brothers from central Asia to plant pressure cooker bombs that killed three and injured 264. Apparently, according to Mohr, Islamic fundamentalism had nothing to do with it (!). And, according to Mohr, global violence will stop if America would just rescind the 2nd Amendment (!). His official comment: "What bothers me most about today is that we're getting used to it. Enough! 2nd Amendment must go. Violence has to stop. Culture MUST change." Get back on your meds, Jay. Do it. Do it now...
- Here's one of my personal favorites. Colorado State Sen. Jessie Ulibarri (D-Adams County), an anti-gun zealot, believes that guns are unnecessary and should be eliminated. He shared with us his opinion on the January 8, 2011 shooting of Rep. Gabby Giffords in Tucson, AZ. Giffords managed to escape being killed by Jared Loughner that day, because people in the crowd took him down by hitting him over the head with a chair and wrestling him to the ground. But Ulibarri believes otherwise. His priceless comment: "Congressman Giffords' life was saved and so many others when very valiant folks stood up to defend themselves and protect themselves, and they did it with ballpoint pens." Ballpoint pens? Really? Should we do "Universal Background Checks" on people before they're allowed to shop at Office Depot?
- V.P. Joe Biden is famous for an almost endless number of gaffes that come tumbling from his aging mouth on an almost daily basis. But one of his most (in)famous quotes had to do with his heartfelt belief that we don't really need "assault weapons," whatever they are. He believes a shotgun will do just fine. His quote: "Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door." Let's start with the fact that that's illegal, Joe. And it surely didn't do so well for Oscar Pistorius' girlfriend. Oh, never mind...
- Actor Danny Glover is almost as famous for his racist pronouncements as he is for his acting persistence, if not prowess. Given the fact that he's not only a socialist, but he's black, I've accorded him two quotes for your reading pleasure, although I'm sure there are many more. One of his most famous quotes came during a speech he gave at Texas A and M University recently. He told students that day that the "Right" created the 2nd Amendment for no other reason than to enslave black people and kill Native Americans. Here's his comment: "The Second Amendment comes from the Right to protect themselves from slave revolts, and from uprising by Native Americans. A revolt from people who were stolen from their land or revolt from people whose land was stolen from, that's what the genesis of the Second Amendment is." If that were true, wouldn't you think there would be a prohibition against gun ownership by blacks or Native Americans? Wouldn't you?
You know this guy primarily from his "Lethal Weapon" movies. In those iconic films he was usually brandishing guns and taking out bad guys. But you'll likely be stunned when you read another of his recent quotes. He said: "I don't own a gun and definitely not only gun control, we should abolish guns, the personal guns. That's how far I'm willing to go." That's sad, because I was hoping he'd be willing to go much, much farther. And soon. By the way, Dan Dan, never end a sentence with a preposition...
- Senator (Lady Di) Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), has been for gun control since before almost anyone else. In fact, she's personally responsible for the original 1993 "assault weapons" ban that ended with a thud when it was proven assault weapons, whatever they are, aren't responsible for assaults. In case you're unaware, less than 3% of all gun deaths are caused by rifles, whether black and scary-looking, or the wholesome deer rifle-type. Lady Di, owing to her senior status here in CA, she gets two quotes. The first comes from a speech during a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing. She said, "If I could have banned them all - "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn in your guns", - I would have." Obviously her aim. Of interest, this lady (ahem!) has a concealed weapons carry permit, and has since her BFF Harvey Milk was assassinated while standing next to her on the steps of San Fran's Court House a couple of decades back. Later she said, "We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it's legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines." Legal to hunt humans? I didn't know that. 150 round magazines? Never seen one, and I've been around guns my entire life. I think I'll gun-up and head toward Sacramento to legally off a few of those otherwise unemployable lawmaker bozos who have turned California into a socialist utopia...
- Speaking of senators, there's one Charles Schumer, D-NY, Ranking Member, Democrat Party, Senate of the United States. You probably know of this guy. He's a major-league loud mouth and gun-grabber of the First Magnitude. He's famous for many dumbass quotes about how he'd like to take your guns, but one jumped out at me that I thought you'd enjoy reading. Chuckie said: "All we ask is registration for guns, just like we have for our cars." Ummm, Chuck my man, buying and driving cars is a privilege, not a fundamental, inalienable Right...
- Another Colorado dumbass is Rep. Diana DeGette (D-CO). She made a comment during an April gun control forum in Denver confirming what gun owners already suspected. She doesn't know what she's taking about. She's dead-set on banning high-capacity magazines. And with that goal in mind, she said, "If you ban them in the future, the number of these high-capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won't be any more available." Whaaaaaaatttt? When you shoot all the bullets the magazines are no longer usable? Maybe she can't figure out how to reload them, but every one else in the entire world, can. I'm sorry to ruin your day, folks, but these people actually make our laws.
- Remember Marion Barry, the D.C. Mayor who was caught on camera smoking crack cocaine and taking a bag full of cash from a guy purchasing a favor or two? Well, he uttered a somewhat infamous quote about guns that you'll find amusing. "Outside of the killings," he said, "Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the nation." Outside of the killings, of course.
- Tony Bennett knows how to sing. But apparently that's all he knows. He offered up his opinions on the Second Amendment at a February press conference in Washington, D.C. He seems to believe that the 2nd Amendment puts the United States at risk of becoming a reincarnated Nazi Germany and being invaded by the "rest of the world." His comment for all to see: "It's the kind of turn that happened to the great country of Germany, when Nazis came over and created tragic things, and they had to be told off. And if we continue this kind of violence and accept it in our country, the rest of the world's going to really take care of us, in a very bad way." Go ahead. Re-read that quote a couple of times. It won't help, but go ahead...
- Now this brings us to actor Liam Neeson, who almost always appears in a movie with a gun in his hand. Yet, it appears good (bad?) ol' Liam is an anti-gun zealot. Here's what he had to say about America and our love of guns: "It is the right to bear arms which is the problem. I think if the Founding Fathers knew what was happening they'd be turning in their graves." Thanks for sharing, Lame. I encourage all of my loyal readers to Google "Founding Fathers - Gun Ownership." You'll find literally dozens of articles memorializing hundreds of pro-gun ownership and use quotations from the people who risked their all to create our country, and they needed their guns to do it. Go ahead. I'll wait...
- Jim Carrey threw up on himself a couple of years back when he decided to school us on guns. He said: "Anyone who would run out to buy an assault rifle after the Newtown massacre has very little left in their body or would be worth protecting." Jimmie, you DO know an assault rifle wasn't used at Newtown, right? No?
- Everybody's favorite celebrity funny woman Rosie O'Donnell isn't too big on Democracy. She recently offered her opinion on guns and what we should do with them:
"I don't care if you want to hunt. I don't care if you think it's your right. You are not allowed to own a gun, and if you do own a gun I think you should go to prison." Now there is a celeb who doesn't sugar-coat her contempt for the Constitution and for our individual, God-given rights. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. She has armed bodyguards. And if she thinks guns cause crime, I'd like to offer a thought: "Spoons made Rosie fat."
- Now you would think that Sly Stallone would be a big fan of guns, given that he's made tens of millions of bucks with one or more in his hands. Remember Rambo III? Sly with a .30 caliber machine gun in his mucho toned hands mowing down those bad Viet Congers? But no, America! He's a big gun-grabber! Read on: "Until America, door to door, takes every handgun, this is what you're gonna' have. It's pathetic. It really is pathetic. We're living in the Dark Ages." Makes you want to run right out and fork over $15 to see one of his blow-em-up movies, right?
- Now Sean Connery must surely be a gun-rights supporter, yes? I mean, he's still spending all the money he made off playing James Bond, with a Walther PPK in his cigarette-stained paws. Wrongo, oh burnt powder breath! His quote: "It is said that a total ban on handguns would take away innocent pleasure from thousands of people. Is that more or less pleasure than watching your child grow up?" I would ask Sean if having a handgun might make it more or less likely that your child could grow up in this violent society where every bad guy has a gun. Do you think, Sean, that the nice people in the south side of Chicago would like to have a gun right about now? And ask yourself, why is owning a gun in Chicago absolutely verboten when there's an average of 50 shootings and 10 deaths on an average weekend?
- Then there's Matt Damon. Made a bunch of cash off the Bourne movies where he shot hundreds of guys using one or another handgun, he did. He said: "I actually hate guns. They freak me out. If you were ever in a situation in which you had a gun, that means you were in a situation where you wanted to kill someone." Is there something in the Hollywood water? Maybe they're getting prescribed some really strange meds from all those Beverly Hills doctors. Don't know. Don't want to find out. But if you were a bad guy hoping to scoop up some goodies from a Hollywierd celeb's house, are you more or less likely now to choose Mattie's house to ply your trade?
And lest we think that all of these quotes were from somewhere in the distant past, I bring to you a quote from our resident Queen, Ms. Hillary Clinton. In a town hall meeting just this past week she was asked if she was willing to undertake the Australian form of gun control. That, you may recall, involved increasing taxes on all the citizens in order to generate enough money to forcibly buy back every single gun in the entire country. 640,381 guns were forcibly confiscated from the Australian people. Her cryptic answer to that question was, "It's certainly worth considering." Apparently Hil(liar)y isn't too fond of the 2nd Amendment, which would preclude such an exercise. And maybe she's no fan of the 1st, the 4th, the 5th and the 10th, as well. Or, perhaps she's energized by her soon-to-be predecessor Barry, the Golfer-in-Chief's, use of executive orders. However, I would suggest to Ms. Clinton that there are 100 million Americans who own more than 300,000,000 guns, who might take issue with such a plan. It sure could be entertaining to watch, though, right? Oh, and what's that sound I hear? It's the sound of another one million people joining the National Rifle Association, having finally, finally, come to believe that the radical Left is dead-set on forcibly confiscating their guns. We've known it for years. now we have proof.
- And speaking of the Community Organizer-in-Chief, he's produced some memorable comments about his anti-gun feelings. One of the best, in my opinion, was back in 2007, when he was debating guns with one Mr. John Lott, famous attorney and fellow University of Chicago professor. Actually, Mr. Lott was a professor. Mr. Obama was a part-time lecturer, regardless of what he, and his sycophants, have told you. His comment? Ready? Here goes: "I don't believe people should be able to own guns." Short and sweet, he was. Put into perspective, it kinda' let's you know where Barry's heart - and head - is as regards this issue.
So, Mr. and Mrs. America, these are the utterances of the folks who mold our culture and make our laws. The folks who are either sworn to uphold the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, all of them, not just those that tickle their fancies at the moment, or are the folks we make multi-zillionaires by listening to or viewing their handy work. And they are uniformly dumber than a bag full of rocks. Remember that the next time they try and talk you into something...
Thursday, October 8, 2015
Those of us of a certain age will recall the lyrics to Peter, Paul and Mary's song, "Where Have All The Flowers Gone? And they'll also remember the refrain in that iconic song which asked, "When will they ever learn?"
Now, folks familiar with that song will note that the question in that refrain was intended to be rhetorical. In fact, it was repeated twice, just to make the point that we all knew the answer; we will never learn.
And so it is with Liberals in our country as regards gun-control and their all-consuming desire to make every single school, college and university in America a "gun free zone," and every single resident of the once-mighty America a prospective victim.
This past week saw another in what seems to be an unending spate of mass murders on a school campus. A deranged killer brought several guns to a school, killed nine and wounded nine others. What makes the story so very, very sad, besides the obvious loss of precious, irreplaceable young life, is that these killings were completely unnecessary. And that's because this school, Umpqua Community College in Roseberg, Oregon, is a "gun free zone." And, my friends, and you are my friends, every single mass shooting in an American school over the past 20 years has been in a "gun free zone."
The FBI states that a "mass shooting" is defined as one in which four or more people die. Using that measure, and this Agency's statics, there have been 153 mass shootings in America during the period 2000 - 2015. (Note to the perennially uninformed or misinformed: Don't believe the liberal loons who will try and convince you there is a mass murder every hour on the hour.) And every single one occurred in a "gun free zone." Whether at a shopping mall, a park, a hospital, a military base, an office building or a school, gun-hating Liberals have decided that the way to stop mass shootings is to hang up a sign saying, "Gun Free Zone." And I ask in response, "When Will They Ever Learn" it does not work?
Ask yourself, if you were a prospective mugger, rapist, thief or killer, would you be deterred, or would you be encouraged by a sign that, in effect, states: "Target Rich Environment?" For that, my friends, is exactly what a "gun free zone" is. A place where the to-be-criminal knows that he's almost certain not to encounter any defensive measures. None. Nobody to stop his murderous rampage. Nobody to keep him from going out in a blaze of glory. Nobody to rob him of the front page headlines he so desperately wants, that he's sure to get, and a place in infamy forever.
However, the Loony Left is so "non compos mentis" (look it up) that they actually believe that if they just add one more anti-gun law to the 22,500 already on America's books, the criminals among us will finally, finally begin to stop shooting innocent folks. Yeah, right. Remember, a criminal is someone who does not obey the law! And no amount of laws will cause a criminal to start. What about that is so difficult to understand?
Picture this: The shooter at Virginia Tech a few years back is walking toward the campus preparing to murder 31 and wound another 40. But he sees the sign that says, "Gun Free Zone" which by the way was standing there, all bright and shiny, and says, "Oh no! I can't take my guns in there! I guess I'll go on home, smoke a doobie, eat some Fritos, watch a few Jerry Springer reruns and knock back a Bud Light or two . Does anyone anywhere actually believe this?
Gun-hating, gun-grabbing Liberals do.
Barry Obama does.
"Sheriff" Joe Biden does.
Hil(liar)y Clinton does.
Little Mikey Bloomberg does.
Really, REALLY Big Mikey Moore does.
And many, many others believe it as well, often those who are surrounded by armed security to protect them from the nut jobs who might be inclined to make their mark by taking them out.
I've been asking myself this one question for years: "Is Liberalism a mental illness?"
Let me tell you how "in the tank" the Mainstream Media is on this subject. The shooter in this tragedy was a half black/half white kid who was seriously deranged. His mom is black, his dad, a Brit, is white. His Facebook page reflects his mixed race pedigree. I keep waiting for B. Hussein Obama to come out and say, "If I had a son, he'd look just like this shooter."
But the liberals' meme is that only crazed white supremacists shoot up schools. So, in an effort to continue promoting that flawed pretense, CNN, the used-to-be, go-to source for righteous, bias-free news, airbrushed his picture in their reportage so that he appears to be lily white. Whhaaaaatt? Yes, they did. They really did. Do they really think we'll be dumb enough to buy this crap? Yes, they do.
Wake up America! You're being brainwashed by a bunch of Madison Avenue, inside-the-Beltway, drinking the Koolade, liberal Mainstream Media true believers.
Just for the record, none of the 100+ million Americans who own more than 300 million guns shot up a school yesterday. Or the day before. Or the day before that. Or so for today. But God knows, if some crazed kid steals his dad's gun and goes on a rampage, it will be front page news, 24/7, until the MSM has wrung every possible gun-hating advantage from it.
Oh, and before I close down and push "Publish," I'd like to throw this into the mix. The only "resistance" at Umpqua Community College when the 26 year-old crazy opened fire, was an overweight, part-time security guard with a can of mace. I'm not kidding. And, the Board of Directors at this school decided last year that they had better things to do with the $40,000 a year it would have cost to field a single, full-time armed guard on this campus. They decided they really needed to install a new hardwood floor in the gym. Something tells me that more than one of the grieving parents of the nine dead kids will file lawsuit for the gross malfeasance displayed by the lefties who run this shooting gallery.
Oregon is a "shall-issue" state. One of the 31 that are. That means all a citizen of Oregon in good standing needs to do is stop by their local sheriff's office, plunk down $25 and walk out with a permit to carry a concealed weapon. So any of the 3,500 kids or 200 staff and educators at this rural school could have been armed and ready to defend life and liberty. But they couldn't. The school wouldn't let them. How utterly tragic. How really stupid.
What do you think the chances are this demonic kid would have decided to shoot up this school if he thought that one, or six, or a dozen of the people there would be carrying concealed weapons? Even might carrying concealed weapons? Yes, exactly zero!
There's a special place in Hell for the people who permitted this gross injustice to occur. And something tells me that, Board decision or not, there will be no next time. If I were there, or anywhere near there, I'd be packing heat. And I'm pretty sure the rest of the students, educators and parents of this school feel exactly the same way...
Shortly after pushing "Publish" on this, the latest of my blog entries, I opened my Sunday paper and learned that our Civil Servant-for-Life, Governor Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown, a man who has never collected a private-sector paycheck, elected to sign into law Senate Bill 707. This is another one of those answers in search of a question the California Legislature is so famous for passing. This flawed piece of crap makes it illegal for CCW (Concealed Carry Weapons) permit holders to carry a gun within 1,000 feet of a school zone. Within hours after three school shootings happened across our nation in a single day, all in "gun free zones," Brown decided that what we citizens of the once Golden, but now tarnished State, really need is a law that makes honest, vetted, capable, trained and prepared CCW permit holders into criminals if they use their legally-carried guns to stop crazed mass murderers from killing our kids in or near a school. Unbelievable!
So now it's no longer a sign saying "Gun Free Zone," it's a sign saying, "Not Only Gun Free, But Better Yet, No Guns Withing 1,000 Feet! So, Good Hunting, And Be Sure To Have A Nice Day!" I'm sure the California Association of Mass Murderers will rejoice at Brown's actions. Oh, and Brown, apparently not having enough else to do, also decided to outlaw the use of the name "Redskins" by schools in our broke-ass State. I don't blame you if you find all of this hard to believe. As for me, it's just another gilt-edged example of why the next time you head to the polls, please don't vote to elect a commie pinko dumbass liberal weenie as governor...